+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Meltdown at hmv.com

Default Vinyl Meltdown at hmv.com

just letting you know that hmv.com have a mad sale on for selected vinyl titles
    i just got:

joy division - closer and unknown pleasures
    flaming lips - mystics 2lp
    dylan - modern times
    mgmt - oracular spectacular
    elvis - at sun
    james brown - live at the apollo
    young knives - animals and men
    orbital - best 2lp
    VA breaks and grooves - 2lp

£50 delivered.

type in vinyl meltdown or any of the above titles -i imagine speed may be of the essence
    ---------------------------------------------------
    recovering audioholic

Technics: SL 1210 mk2 / KAB PS1200 psu /Trans-fi Terminator / AT-OC9MLII / WD ph3s /Bluesound node 2i/Musical Fidelity Ms3i/ WADkit 6550 / Tannoy revolution xt8f

Gareth.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I tell you what, The Best of Orbital LP is worth buying a turntable set-up alone for. Awesome stuff.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

Ooh I say, well spotted. Guess what site i'll be visiting for the rest of the afternoon. Dirt cheap AND free postage

I did recently order an LP from HMV online. I'm not sure what other online vinyl suppliers package their LP's up like but HMV's boxes did seem a little flimsy...............altho for these prices I guess I cant complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Hall Richard View Post
    I'm not sure what other online vinyl suppliers package their LP's up like but HMV's boxes did seem a little flimsy
    Rest assured. i've used hmv for ages and only once had a duff disc. i rang them up and they sent a fresh one straight out. no worries, didn't have to return the crap one either. good site
    recovering audioholic

Technics: SL 1210 mk2 / KAB PS1200 psu /Trans-fi Terminator / AT-OC9MLII / WD ph3s /Bluesound node 2i/Musical Fidelity Ms3i/ WADkit 6550 / Tannoy revolution xt8f

Gareth.

I'm Nick.

They have a lot of great Gil Scott-Heron albums but they're all £8.99 I have them all on CD, and on mini-LP CD digi-pack reissue, I really can't justify buying them again, especially since it's Christmas and I should be buying for other people. Someone else will need to buy some and let me know that they've really got into Gil Scott-Heron as a result. Start with the 'Revolution Will Not Be Televised' early stuff comp or 'Winter In America', worth it for The Bottle alone
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Most of the good stuff has gone already. Thankfully I got my order in quick for Dylan's Modern Times. It's now back upto £17.99 rather than the sale price of £4.99.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Good stuff, chaps. I hope you get plenty of bargains

The HMV in Wrexham used to have a small section of new vinyl, which was useful if I wanted something fairly mainstream. Unfortunately though it's been removed and replaced with a load of rubbish plastic bloody MP3 players!!

Boo, I say, to so-called 'progress'!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
    Rest assured. i've used hmv for ages and only once had a duff disc. i rang them up and they sent a fresh one straight out. no worries, didn't have to return the crap one either. good site
    well i talked that up a treat. james brown-live at the apollo arrived, oops no it didn't - in its place was 'black caesar ost'.
    gave them a bell and i'm sending it back freepost. surely they must have made 0.0000p from this transaction by now
    still, fast delivery and good customer service
    Last edited by muffinman; 08-12-2008 at 16:35.
    recovering audioholic

Gareth.

Received a couple of my purchases in the mail. Nicely packaged, no probs. A little disappointed with The Orbital 'Works' double LP. It's a DJ copy, no outer sleeve, just a white label centre so no idea which of the two LP's i'm playing or which of the 4 sides i'm chosing. I know, you cant complain for £4.99 but still, they should've listed that on the website. If i'd have paid £17 i'd have been a bit pissed. But i'll survive

My copy of 'Trans Europe Express' is lovely tho. Not half bad for a fiver

My copy of orbital turned up today in the same White label guise. I don't worry that I don't know which side is playing-dance music all sounds the same to me.
    I'm listening to it now and the Sound quality is excellent.
    Indeed, I believe I might actually be 'avin it' as I type
    recovering audioholic

Gareth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast