+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New M2Tech EVO DAC

I'm Keith.

Default New M2Tech EVO DAC

http://puriteaudio.co.uk/EvoDAC192.html

Connects via I2S to the m2tech EVO, very high quality sound and exceptionally low jitter,
    £300 inc vat and insured delivery.
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm Keith.

One of these ,makes a really worthwhile improvement to the stock Logitech 'Touch'
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm Martin.

Hi Keith,

How does the SQ compare to the Young?

Odd choice to put the power inlet on the front panel.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by howlindawg View Post
    Hi Keith,

How does the SQ compare to the Young?

Odd choice to put the power inlet on the front panel.
    Ditto.
    It's also a shame that it lacks both AES and BNC inputs when the EVO has both these outputs. Having them would have made it the perfect DAC for me from a specs point of view. I guess most people will just use I2S between the EVO and EVO DAC but I have an EQ between my EVO and DAC that only accepts AES or optical and I'd really like to swap to AES. I know the Young has AES but that's a bit above my price range. Oh well.

I look forward to reading a review. I've been fancying comparing a different DAC against my Caiman.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Keith.

I will try using one of my Neutrik XLR/coax converters ,I believe the EVO DAC was primarily designed to be used with the I2S from the EVO, but it is a cracking little DAC, almost the SQ of the Young, ( very near using the EVO) and it really improves for example a Squeezebox Touch.
    Keith.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

I'm Dave.

Hi Keith, I wouldn't try using standard audio adapters if that's what you have. You really need an impedance matching transformer to match the 110 Ohm AES to the 75 Ohm coax. AES is also often a higher output voltage than SPDIF coax, so that can cause damage. Neutrik make them as well but they're more expensive than a standard adapter. I've been meaning to try them but haven't got round to it.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

I'm Keith.

HIFi guy that is what I use ,they are good, I use them with the Trinnov amongst other bits of kit.
    KR Keith.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread