+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Simon.

So it looks like shit but it works really well...

Though looking at the video, with the benefit of a static camera, I can see it is very slightly fast since I put a new belt on. I better dial that out.

Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

So here's the interface, ist alles klar?

And the little LED alight.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

the inner ring.
    Last edited by sq225917; 03-10-2013 at 23:54.

I'm Simon.

33.333rpm should be up in a minute or two

I'm Deleted.

Now that is good - both speeds!
    Account Deleted

I'm Simon.

Yeh, 10 seconds with not one mark of drift on that 360 mark/rev strobe disc equates to better than 0.0005% absolute accuracy, or about 33.333rpm. I don't think I've ever seen a review of a deck in any magazine where the measured absolute speed was that good. Hell, some of them are off by more than 0.1% a lot more. In fact thinking about it wasn't that 25k+ Systemdek off by almost 0.5% ?

Any bouncing in the image is coming from the fact it's a paper strobe disc and not flat to the platter.

I'm very pleased with this project.... :smug:

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I'm very pleased with this project.... :smug:
    Yes, you should be - I think the speed accuracy is even higher than you suggest.

I think I'm going to do a super accurate strobe disc from 3mm acrlic (or possibly laser laminate).
    Account Deleted

I'm Neal.

Great result, where did you get the controller board and s/w from Simon?
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm Josie.

And so you should be... excellent!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Simon.

I doubt you'll get it any better than that Linn one of yours Mark. I'd have to use full of gloss card to get even anywhere near that good, and I'm guessing the resolution of my printer is higher than the laser cutter, 1200dpi actual.

Neal it comes from Daniel, (Meldano) and is supplied as a pcb + programmable chip pack. He supplies a BOM for the build. There's nothing in the build that you can't find in the UK and it's easy to build and test. It'll do 7-24v as standard and is happy doing 110v with step-ups, (these are just boggo traffos from Farnel, nothing special.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast