+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Simon.

Here's the new 20 amp diode bridges with their +/- wiring. That's an AA battery for scale, I don't have much fear these will overheat....
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nobody.

I Thought you would have gone for bridge rectifiers made from individual Diodes!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    I Thought you would have gone for a full wave bridge rectifiers made from individual Diodes!
    Not in an early Krell or something else like an early Pass Labs. There are also claimed advantages e.g. matching of diodes.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Simon.

Andre at 20 amps (US) you need the thermal mass to bolt down to dissipate the heat. I was tempted by the IXYS silicon bridges, but at £100 each, nah......
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nobody.

I just thought that's what serious Hi-Fi guys did automatically but i understand.. Yeh ive seen those IXYS Packages i think they are German..

I'm Josie.

Eeee, sithi tha doin a reyt good job o that sunshine! - spot on!
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Nobody.

Aye reyt goowd amps dem towd Krells

I'm Simon.

460 miles of driving
    105 hours of unscrewing, removing, twisting, cutting, scrubbing, wiping, rubbing, spraying, wire brushing, polishing, screwing and soldering.
    16 crimp fittings
    12 brass screws
    4 metres of solder
    3 foot of solder wick
    6 pints of PSU caps
    3 metres of wire
    36 small signal caps
    50cm of heatshrink
    2 tins of isopropyl cleaner
    1 tin of flex remover
    10 grazed knuckles
    1 squashed toe
    1 arse flapping moment

and it's job done...

I'm Deleted.

Yeah, nice job, I thought it sounded jolly good .
    Account Deleted

I'm Simon.

Right then no more after this I promise.

Dirty vent slots, back/centre and RHS where the PSu cap has let loose and the electrolytic has carbonized the anodizing.

With the help of a cordless drill, some bamboo kebab skewers and a bottle of T-cut (fine) I was able to polish out all the carbon without damaging the anodizing.

Now it's done...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast