+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Branko was very... accommodating ;-)
    I'm even more amazed now! We're not worthy.....
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm Rob.

For taming a lively room without making everything sound dead and overly damped, try diffusors in place of absorbers. Particularly good on the wall behind the listening area if that is reasonably close.

For Mac users, this is a superb measurement software suite:

http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/FuzzMeasure/

Just add a sound card and a reasonably flat mic.
    I use it with great results.

Rob

I'm Lucky.

C'mon now sq. You've had the TT since Friday. Where are the piccies? Chop, chop! There's a good man.

I'm Simon.

Nah it's not here yet. It would have been if I'd chosen one from Branko's demo stock, but this one is coming straight from Kuzma. It's a special order in Black, to best match my cartridge, should be a good match with the touch of brass on the balance weights offsetting the cartridge parts. (Yeh, I'm that anal).

Rest assured I will provide pictures as soon as it is in situ. Should be a busy week, the EAR 509's will be back from TDP early in the week as well.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Lucky.

Thinking about a change of TT myself so awaiting your remarks. I worked out a long time ago that you are hyper critical so I know that if you rate the Kuzma it might be worth having......

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    For me it killed the slap echo and helps ameliorate the bass nodes in the corners, it doesn't do a huge amount for the bass but enough to be worthwhile.
    My TubeTraps do exactly the same thing: reduce flutter echo in the room quite dramatically. Improves intelligibility and clarity.

I'm Simon.

Darren, I used to have the 9" version but replaced it with the SME 10/V combo- it wasn't really an upgrade over the Kuzma. The SME had better speed stability over the stock AC motor it didn't sound any better other than in that area. I already have a new DC controller built up for the incoming Kuzma, i need to make a top plate for the motor housing before I order the new motor though.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

Finished spraying the LP12 Platter to match the Kuzma finish, it does look lovely now, pics to follow.

Thinking about trying a second motor, will lash it up and see how it measures for transmitted noise and speed stability.

I'm Simon.

I've not revisited this for a while which I guess I should seeing as I have a new amp and have just tidied up some bits and bobs in the phonostage. I really should use that spare power supply to quad rail this baby.

I'm Deleted.

Pics of your new amp?
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast