+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Edward.

Thanks Simon for being so generous in your explanation. Looking forward to the annotated pics when you have them. I'm not sure I'm up to assembling it but lets see. Don't need remote switching, just remote attenuation control.

My interest was piqued when I saw you mention Bruno Putzey who is doing some pretty edge things in the audio world and getting wide recognition. Love to have a listen to his Kii Three speakers (doubt I will ever afford them though).
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Simon.

The Kii's are very good.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

Finally getting round to doing the casework on these. Back panels all done, all pcb bits done. Just need to drill the heatsinks to clamp the main boards and then fit the gubbins.

Back panel, might add an RCA at some point.

The black circle is the fuse holder
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Geoff.

You're doing a grand job there Simon.

I'm Edward.

Agreed. This build screams quality. Obviously lots of tlc going into this.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Simon.

Cheers gents, I know this doesn't look like real progress but it is. Main amp boards fitted, PSU board fitted, front panel led's test fitted, trafo test fitted. Very pleased with the clamps for the chips; I was going to try and blind thread the holes but in the end the simple solution was to grind the bolt heads down until they slipped in between the fins of the heatsinks. Neat and tidy and best of all, easy to do with limited tools.

Traffo and soft start boards to fit and wire up, then signal wiring to do and we're done. I've ended up cadding out the layout of all the parts to get the shortest cable runs possible first time round. Measure twice, cut once.

I'm Edward.

Nice!

Keep the pictures coming ...

I'm Simon.

Will do.

I'm Simon.

soft start board and switchgear fitted.

PSu all wired and fired and tested.

Signal wiring to finish tomorrow and it's all done, then onto the other chassis.

I'm Simon.

One channel all done, measuring spot on, sounding fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast