+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Simon.

SO the back panel is fitted, and the socket is wired up. I'm pleased with that.

However, the front panel is an absolute shocker..... I might have to rethink those spacings. That 75mm dial will cover the sensor.

It's meant to be like this.

ha ha, total f_ck up....
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

i cracked on with the psu for the BPBP while waiting for the rest of the PAradise parts for Jamie.

Common mode choked, single rail AC board feeding a....

Salas Ultra BIB shunt reg. Just testing it at 200mA with a small dummy load good for a couple of watts.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's a beautiful piece of DIY. Admire the engraved lettering - very professional. Well done!

Lemo are, IMO, the best connectors you can buy. I use them for some of the coaxial audio connectors in my system. The rest are balanced XLRs.
    I agree Barry, I have a Lemo connector on my VPI, comes in very handy.

Nice work by the way.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    SO the back panel is fitted, and the socket is wired up. I'm pleased with that.

However, the front panel is an absolute shocker..... I might have to rethink those spacings. That 75mm dial will cover the sensor.

It's meant to be like this.

ha ha, total f_ck up....
    Are you fabricating the chassis yourself?

I'm Simon.

Bought box, designed the back panel, schaffner made it, screwed up the front panel, but it is just a temp item, it'll be a back sprayed smoked acrylic so only the display shines through.

Similarly I ballsed up the PSU case today. Exact same thing, I forget about the folded edges on the case, so had to chop bits out for the pcb legs etc.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Bought box, designed the back panel, schaffner made it, screwed up the front panel, but it is just a temp item, it'll be a back sprayed smoked acrylic so only the display shines through.

Similarly I ballsed up the PSU case today. Exact same thing, I forget about the folded edges on the case, so had to chop bits out for the pcb legs etc.

Glad it's not just me

I'm Simon.

Finished the pre-amp tonight, or at least this first iteration.

Think it needs a deeper volume knob and it either needs an internal bracket for the display or front mounting with screws to match the final front panel mounting.

Sounds ace though

I'm Deleted.

Not screw mounting, that will look clumsy, I will come up with an alternative solution. I can remake the volume control but you need to buy me a bit of Delrin (allow 20mm minimum to allow me to grip it - so at least 50mm long piece of bar). I don’t have any appropriate stock.

The front panel likely needs redoing too as the A and D seem a touch big and too far apart.
    Account Deleted

I'm Chris.

Wot? No sliders? (-:
    Chris.

I'm Simon.

The A and D are perfect...

For the display mount is it possible to go half way through the front panel, then i could push fit a plastic standoff with a short screw stub into the hole. The pcb part only weighs 20 grams.

I'll order the delrin...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast