+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Simon.

Default Sq's system.

In a bit of a state of flux. I'm currently without turntable and my EAR 509's are away for a full service with TdP.

More stuff here.http://www.flickr.com/photos/5968483...th/6538253319/

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Simon, not much to it is there I'm assuming you listen to a lot of file based audio?

What are the funky room treatment tiles you have there? I like the look of those even if they do look a tad odd, I could get used to it
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Simon.

Yeh, most of my cd's are on the mac as ALAC, there's a couple of hundred records just out of shot and I've just sold the SME10/V and am awaiting on vendors opening up after New Year to replace it. Should be sorted this weekend.

The tiles are just some boggo acoustic foam ones from t'Bay. They run ceiling to floor in each corner of the room and between the speakers. The slightly less noticeable thing is the £700 worth of theatre curtain. Heavy crushed velvet, double lined with canvas, they utterly kill the splash from the UPVC windows when I can be arsed to close them.

I set the room up while borrowing one a Trinnov room correction unit from Keith at Purite. The room measures flatter than a witches tit as it is currently set-up until you get below 50hz where the floorboards are quite active. I might have the spectrums lying round somewhere, it was better than 1db from 50hz to 20khz.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hmmm, ebay indeed I think I'll take a look about

I could do with similar curtains myself, might appear to be expensive, but no doubt worth it. I'm sure you shut them earlier at this time of year, I know I would with no net curtains

Hope you get your 509s back shortly & your vinyl front end sorted
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    The tiles are just some boggo acoustic foam ones from t'Bay. They run ceiling to floor in each corner of the room and between the speakers.
    Have you tried any absorption tiles directly behind the listening chair? (Assuming there is a sensibly placed wall there).

I found that to have excellent affect in my system, focussing the sound quite noticeably.
    After the acquisition of my omni MBL speakers they were the only room treatment I kept, in fact - panels placed behind the speakers, which had worked well previously, had a bad affect on the sound.

I'm ILOB.

Nice looking system
    I was without a TT for over a year so understand the frustration.
    I am sure in time you find the right TT for yourself
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Alexey.

Hi Simon!
    I wonder why you've sold your SME deck? The system is really nice!
    Alex

My system:
    Source: Technics SL 1200 mk2, Jelco 750D tonearm, MN Bearing, Isonoe's, benz-micro ace sl MC cart, JELCO JAC-502 Tonearm Cable, 5mm Achromat; MacMini, Cary Xciter DAC, M2Tech HiFace Evo, M2Tech Clock.
    Amplification: Quad QC 24 pre; Quad QC 24P phono; Plinius SA-103 amp.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth Super HL5.

I'm Jason.

Excellent stuff that room treatment and quite a good price, I couldn't listen without it..

Jason
    http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...123/016-14.jpg
    http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...123/017-10.jpg

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Excellent stuff that room treatment and quite a good price, I couldn't listen without it..

Jason
    http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...123/016-14.jpg
    http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...123/017-10.jpg
    What improvements do you notice, and if you dont mind me asking was it cheap or expensive to purchase?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

Finally managed to chase down my deck today. I've known what i wanted for a while, it was just a matter of beating down the price and ordering it. So as of some time next week I am the proud owner of a brand new Kuzma Stabi/S 12" combo, in the black finish.

Pics to follow.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast