+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Sq's system.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Very funny.... but no. It's bigger than a cubic foot.

Vanessa Feltz?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm fuckoff.

Lol shed make a good bass trap

I'm Simon.

Looks like she makes a f-in brilliant cake trap.

No sooner does one Krell KSA 200 leave me then another arrives to replace it. The guy who bought my Krell KSA200 already had one. He purchased the other one that the guy who I bought mine from had. it worked for a couple of month then started humming like a bugger and finally threw the protection relays last week. So he's bought mine and left me his other one to do a full strip down and recap on.

Funny old world. Hopefully it's just old caps that need doing, nothing has ever been replaced in this one. If it's actually a transformer fault that shows up under load then he's f_cked, cos there's no way to rewind these buggers- and there would be no change from £1000 for a replacement from anyone who could handle the task.

Pics tomorrow
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Nobody.

52 pages about your own system!

I'm Simon.

Yeh but I've been aided by people posting pointless shit as well.

There's a lot going on in my system, regular coming and goings. An awful lot of diy and more than a fare bit of level headed measurement and investigation.

Take today for instance. I finished building another pair of these for a German gent and yesterday i took in another KSA200 for a strip down and service.

I understand there might not be enough interior decorating tips for some posters, but hey, you can only please some of the people some of the time. ;-)
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Martin.

Where do you keep finding the paradise boards Simon.
    I didn't think they were still available.
    Analogue: Technics SL1210 M5G, AN Arm One/II, Blue Angel Mantis MC
    Amps: Devialet 200
    Speakers: Usher Mini 2 Dancer DMD
    Cables: Supra, Mark Grant, Reference Fidelity
    DIY System Audiosector Gainclone, Salas DCB1, AudioSector MC Phono stage

I'm Simon.

They aren't, this set had already been purchased by the owner he just hadn't got round to building them. He had seen my builds and Mark's cases and decided to have them built up. I offered to build them up for a modest amount for my time and the price of the upgraded parts. There must be loads of them out there, the GB was 300 sets and so far less than 50 people have posted pics of completed units on diyaudio, I bet there are hundreds of sets still in boxes waiting for the owners to start the onerous task of component matching.

Total build time including matching for this set will be about 30 hours.

I'm Simon.

Blimey it's been ages since I've done anything in here.

So to update.

The Paradise remains, No 31 is sat in the conservatory awaiting me to get my arse in gear and complete the final wiring. Hopefully that'll be out the door next weekend. It's the first one to get local supply decoupling on the underside of each of the lytics on the main boards. We'll see how that works, the numbers say it should be audible, we'll see.

My Muse Model 200 gave up the ghost, pre-amp section died, power amp part is fine. if anyone wants a massive 200 Watt class Ab balanced input power amp with 30db of gain let me know, there's a deal to be done there. It sounds mega, but I've moved on.

and I've moved to this.

I had a BPBP Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre in my set-up for over a year, but I've built a new one and added in a Khozmo relay stepped attenuator. It's a lovely thing with remote control 62db and mute in 1 db steps and sounds like nothing.

I'll get round to casing it up in the upcoming weeks. It now has a massive external +/- 15v DC PSU for the main amp board and another 5v LT3045 reg unit for the attenuator.

The other new arrival is a pair of cases for my power amps. I've been running a pair of Mod86P power amps, with another pair of boards lying spare to build them up into a full on dual mono block BTL set-up that should deliver 200w at vanishingly low distortion, 0.005% thd at full power, lol.

There's a soft start board to add to this lot yet. Each monoblock will be 400VA transformer running 40v rails and two stereo 80w Mod86p (parallel) chip amp boards run in BTL mode.

The cases are the Chinese sourced version of the Goldmund Telos chassis, big, thick and with a 240x 180mm heatsink on one side. Once they're all built up they should be about 32lbs a side.

Of course I have to get that last PAradise out of the door first.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Blimey it's been ages since I've done anything in here.

< snip snip>

I had a BPBP Bruno Putzeys Balanced Pre in my set-up for over a year, but I've built a new one and added in a Khozmo relay stepped attenuator. It's a lovely thing with remote control 62db and mute in 1 db steps and sounds like nothing.

Hi Simon

Looks like some great projects you have going on.

Any more information on the Bruno Putzey's pre and how you have done things please? Are you thinking of offering such a pre (with remote) to punters like me?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Simon.

Edward, there will be a current group buy on diyaudio.com for the BPBP pcb with all the SMT stuff assembled, I'm not sure what price they are from NAT currently, it needs about another £40 of parts to complete the main pcb then the attenuator is on top of that at circa £250. Throw in about another £150 for psu parts and you're looking at £500 just in parts cost, not included cases.

It's a fully balanced/differential pre-amp. It'll take an RCA/XLR input but that would be a waste of a great pre-amp. It has two inputs, one output, controlled via physical switch. I figure if I'm swapping between record and digital then I'm going to be stood in front of it to take a record off or put one on so a remote switch seemed like overkill.

I have no real idea what I'm doing with cases, the psu will be hidden away, the main boards might end up going in an end grain laminated ply chassis with acrylic front and back panel. Pre amp needs 150mm wide 90mm high and 160mm deep so I think casing it up shouldn't be a task.

When It's all assembled I'll do some proper annotated pics. If you like the look of it I can help you assemble one, it should be plug and play apart from the chassis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast