+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrard 301 - Oil and Grease recommendations

I'm Andrew.

Default Garrard 301 - Oil and Grease recommendations

Guys,

I've been doing a lot of homework over last few days with regards the best options of oil and grease for the 301. I'd like your counsel on what can used and if there is any general consensus of opinion in what should be used or what should be avoided. I've got the later oil bearing version. I intend to re-lub/re-oil all linkages & the obvious areas such as the motor assembly and bearing. As always your help and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I suggest asking Loricraft in the first instance, as they know a thing or two about Garrards.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I suggest asking Loricraft in the first instance, as they know a thing or two about Garrards.....
    Or Dominic Harper (Northwest Analogue), he must know if he's servicing the things He's on here & posts regularly so that may be you best bet

Or if you like another source of information
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Andrew.

Yep, Dom's already helped me once already I dont like to push my luck..
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dominic.

Hi Andrew, It's Natalie from NWA. Just letting your know that if you want any advice regarding your Garrard, Dom will happily help you. If you want you can email him with any questions and he will advise you as best he can. Also, if need be he doesn't mind talking things through over the phone, and if need be he will give you a call. Please feel free to email him anytime believe me, it won't be a problem or an issue because I'm the boss. But feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers
    Natalie

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Please feel free to email him anytime believe me, it won't be a problem or an issue because I'm the boss. But feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers
    Natalie
    Or should I say Natalie posts on here quite regularly while Dom is busy doing the work

Just kidding you two, hope you have a cracking 2012
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Hi Andrew, It's Natalie from NWA. Just letting your know that if you want any advice regarding your Garrard, Dom will happily help you. If you want you can email him with any questions and he will advise you as best he can. Also, if need be he doesn't mind talking things through over the phone, and if need be he will give you a call. Please feel free to email him anytime believe me, it won't be a problem or an issue because I'm the boss. But feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers
    Natalie
    Well I'm completely blown away by that offer. I'm certainly not going to refuse this but I'll try and keep questions down to an absolute minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Or should I say Natalie posts on here quite regularly while Dom is busy doing the work

Just kidding you two, hope you have a cracking 2012
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread