+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amping a centre speaker

I'm Greg.

Default Amping a centre speaker

Gday, My tv sound output is not good. I was wondering, as i have a spare Pioneer centre speaker and bantam gold amp, if it is possible/safe to run audio out from pvr to the BG amp and then connect to a single centre speaker. If it is ok, How would i wire it?;Right and left amp negative connections to the one speaker neg connection and same for R&L positives to the one speaker positive connection??
    Greg.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Definately not how you mentioned as you'd effectively be shorting both channels together

Just connect one channel & use one input! It doesn't matter if the second channel has no input & nothing connected to the output

However, if you happen to have a speaker that is bi-wirable then you can bi-amp it. Connect the input to both left & right channels & one output to the bass/mid driver & the other channel to the tweeter. Just make sure you remove the shorting bars on the speaker or you'll likely damage the amplifier.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Greg.

Thanks. I searched google for that advice and couldn't find it. Should have come to the experts first.
    Greg.

+ Reply to Thread