+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrard 301 restoration project

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    The phoenix engineering speed controllers are superb and great SPPV
    Thanks Jim, there are numerous reasons why I plumped for these, I'll go through things when I've had chance to set up and then have an extremely good listen to LOTS of different music. I've got the Tenuto's sonic presentation weight up so it should be easy to see have this upgrade adds any benefits to the 301. Stay tooned.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

A quality PSU Andy, would be my choice for your deck also.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    A quality PSU Andy, would be my choice for your deck also.
    Thanks mate, that means a lot. The Paradise is sounding fantastic incidently.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

Well the PSU's still not here, hopefully by the end of this week. I've got a few small tweaks to perform, mainly :-

1. Decouple motor
    2. Better earthing.
    3. Optimised the cable lengths
    4. Very discrete vibration dampening.
    5. 1.5mm silicone mat for the Tenuto platter mat

option 4 is the most interesting, I'll probably review every area on the 301 where discrete vibration dampening can be employed. The research will start in another 5-6 weeks. Now I'll enjoy the new PSU with my new Jazz vinyl and then start tweeking again!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    The Tenuto gun metal platter mat has now surpassed my old Garrard 301 mat which has now been put out to pasture.

The new mat looks a treat. I'm now awaiting the new external PSU from Pheonix Egineering in the USA. The new PSU should lead to some optimising of power cable length and provide me with an oppotunity to improve the current earthing situation. I'll wait to do these tweeks when I get the PSU and tachometer. I'm just gonna sit back now and get used to the new platter mat's sound.
    Wow, that looks great!
    Current equipment: Cornscalas - Quicksilver Horn Monos - Technics 1210 M5G with Zu Denon 103R cartride and Haufe SUT.

I'm James.

ANdy where did get your Phoenix PSU and Roadrunner from?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckean View Post
    Wow, that looks great!
    Many thanks Dave.

ANdy where did get your Phoenix PSU and Roadrunner from?
    Hi Jim, I ordered straight from Pheonix in the good old US of A. I ordered about one week ago, the system in the UK and has been stuck in customs for the last three days . If your after one with a bit more poke you'll need to order the 25W version and you can only purchase it direct from Pheonix. I'll have to suck up the import tax but I see the PSU & Tachometer as an investment which I can use again and again should I choose to restore/own similar decks.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Many thanks Dave.

Hi Jim, I ordered straight from Pheonix in the good old US of A. I ordered about one week ago, the system in the UK and has been stuck in customs for the last three days . If your after one with a bit more poke you'll need to order the 25W version and you can only purchase it direct from Pheonix. I'll have to suck up the import tax but I see the PSU & Tachometer as an investment which I can use again and again should I choose to restore/own similar decks.
    It will be worth it Andy, I will probably go down this route soon as its a no brainer for the VPI. Loads of guys in USA run their VPI Scouts with this PSU.

A few folk are using it run Lenco's now so not surprised your using it with the 301.

Look forward to hear how you get on. Any news on the Croft yet?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

It will be worth it Andy, I will probably go down this route soon as its a no brainer for the VPI. Loads of guys in USA run their VPI Scouts with this PSU.

A few folk are using it run Lenco's now so not surprised your using it with the 301.

Look forward to hear how you get on. Any news on the Croft yet?
    You'll be looking at around £650-700 all in including courier fees, taxes etc. I actually got the idea from LencoHeaven and after a load of emails to Bill (the guy who owns the company) I decided to take the plunge. There is a cheaper version available which is being prototyped over at http://mate-labs.de/magicquartz/ which does exactly the same as what I've just bought but you have to build yourself and there is no release date. I just got fed up of waiting around so I did my research and bought from Pheonix. I like the idea of having plenty of Watts to push the old 301 around and additionally love the idea of a self regulated speed stability to with 0.001% accuracy, coupled with the ability to shift from deck to deck was a no brainer. The 301 should experience a greater ability to deliver note pitch stability, a bit like the 1210 I own. The Croft is an on going saga I'm afraid. I need to get my Sondex S100 amp serviced and then possibly rebiased to take K120 ot K150's and then the Charisma is going to get mega pimped. The 301 has taken over, I still have a pair of Heybrook speakers to finish refurbishing and a DECCA tonearm to rewire....!!!!!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Well the PSU finally cleared customs today, nine F****** days? So, it may be fitted by the very end of this week if I'm lucky.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast