+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: £300 headphone budget

I'm Jerry.

Yes Rob, pre-ordered them so got a few bob off the list price. I have a really nice headphone amplifier now so need them to see what its capable of.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Robert.

I would just like to give a thumbs up for the AKG velour pads on the 668B's. Fitted these and removed the foam guard and I haven't picked up the 325's for a week now.
    Rob

I'm tony.

I have velour pads ordered from thomann....been waiting nearly a month due to problems with other elements of my order. I look forward to comparing them with the standard pleather...I found removing the foams a tad aggressive, maybe try again when the pads are installed.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    I have velour pads ordered from thomann....been waiting nearly a month due to problems with other elements of my order. I look forward to comparing them with the standard pleather...I found removing the foams a tad aggressive, maybe try again when the pads are installed.
    I know what you mean about the aggressive thing, like a touch of grain to the sound if that's the right word for it, but the bass seemed to benefit from slightly less flabbiness without them. I didn't bother putting them back when swapping pads and haven't noticed any of the problems with them out, apart from maybe having to be careful with hair

They are much more comfy now.
    Rob

I'm Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I would just like to give a thumbs up for the AKG velour pads on the 668B's. Fitted these and removed the foam guard and I haven't picked up the 325's for a week now.
    I have a set of these on mine too. Highly recommended over standard ones.
    Bernie.

MartinT Guest

Where can one obtain these AKG pads from?

I'm tony.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Where can one obtain these AKG pads from?
    Martin,
    The site is called THOMANN sorry I cant provide a link as my computer skills dont stretch to it. They are about 17 euros, the delivery is about 10 so you might as well add another set of superluxes (660/440/330) just to get some value out the postage charge!!!!!!
    Tony.

MartinT Guest

Thanks, Tony. Are they the ones for AKG K-240/270/271 or K-141?

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Thanks, Tony. Are they the ones for AKG K-240/270/271 or K-141?
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir....w=k240&x=0&y=0

Martin, I believe they are the 240 variety from memory, probably mentioned further back in the thread....
    I had already marked the site for my daughter...for the same reason

MartinT Guest

Got it, thanks Bob.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718