+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speaker cables that won't break the bank - 5-6m run

I'm Alex.

Default Speaker cables that won't break the bank - 5-6m run

Hi All,

I have finally moved back into my sitting room and have got my Stereo back up and running.

During the renovations, I ran some duct under the floor between the new location for my Hi-Fi rack and the speaker positions. The distance of the cable runs between the rack and the speakers is between 5-6 metres through the ducting.

Unfortunately my Cardas Quadlink cables are 2.5 metres, so they are of no use. I do have some Chord Company leads that are almost (but not quite) long enough, so I am using them for now. The sound I'm getting is quite dissappointing though and they really don't compare to the Cardas cables.

I will probably be getting a long run of the Cardas cables made up when my bank balance has recovered from my year-long building project , but I am looking for something in the interim that I don't mind disposing of in the future and is 'economical'.

I'd be grateful for your suggestions - nothing too esoteric or hard to get hold of please!.

Thank you in advance.
    Alex
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Anthony.

The only cable ever to win the prestigious Federation of British Audio "Test of Time" award here

Mega cheap & free post, I swapped my £450 Nordost's for these £1.75/m jobbies and couldn't tell the slightest bit of difference - the 79's stayed.

Ant

I'm Mark.

Supra

I'm Alex.

Hi Mark, Supra cable - which one? The classic 2.5mm sq or 4 mm sq, or something else?.

Hi Anthony, I've never really got on that well with QED 79, well, at least I've preferred everything else I've tried to it .

Would I be right in thinging that cross-sectional area isn't going to be much of an issue at 6m lengths?.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Alex
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Rob.

I like Supra, the Rondo 2 x 2.5 (use it myself) or 4 x 2.5 are good.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Fisual 2.5mm on ebay seems good and colour-friendly. if the outer jscket colour doesn't matter and you'd rather buy a "name" which I think won awards in a former life, the Talk Electronics cable at £4 per metre would be good.. All Talk's Kevin needs to do is re-launch the 4.1 or the fig-8 Excel 4 and I'll have a fantastic mid priced product to recommend.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm andrew.

NVA LS1 is excellent and good value and can be had on sale or return basis.
    Andy.

I'm Rob.

I like Kimber 4PR too...lovely shade of brown mine was....

+ Reply to Thread