+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hard Drive Failure on my Yamaha HD1300

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    Good result , lets hope the Olive is as easy and low cost to get going again.
    Thank you Mark, yes I hope so.

Regards D S D L

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    "Its alive, its alive"..........

Listening to a recording I made a wee bit earlier from the Maxtor HD that Paul sent me the other day that I fitted inside my Yamaha HD1300. So I can use it once again, which is brilliant. This HD is also a fair bit less noisy than the old one, which was always loud in use.

Thank you to everyone that helped, offered advice etc.

The Olive will probably have to go back to Henely.....

Regards D S D L
    Did you recover any of the recordings which were reported lost/missing? There are pages such as this - http://www.datarecoverypros.com/hard...ry-freeze.html which suggest arcane procedures such as freezing, or banging the drives - gently at first ... Sounds as though some people have reported success with these methods, though presumably as a last resort.

There are several such pages recommending similar procedures. One suggests freezing with at least two ziploc bags.
    Last edited by dave2010; 16-12-2011 at 14:43.
    Dave

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Did you recover any of the recordings which were reported lost/missing? There are pages such as this - http://www.datarecoverypros.com/hard...ry-freeze.html which suggest arcane procedures such as freezing, or banging the drives - gently at first ... Sounds as though some people have reported success with these methods, though presumably as a last resort.

There are several such pages recommending similar procedures. One suggests freezing with at least two ziploc bags.
    I lack the knowledge, experience and equipment to do it at present but I will read up on it and have a go in the new year.

Regards D S D L

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I lack the knowledge, experience and equipment to do it at present but I will read up on it and have a go in the new year.

Regards D S D L
    Just buy one of the USB conversion cables suggested first and see if the drive is recognised and read by a computor. I can't see what good freezing will do ?

I'm Sven.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Hi Guys

Just switched my HD1300 on and had to listen to a lot of loud clicking coming from the inside, presumably from the HD. Once it settled after the turn on procedure the HD function is not working, nothing there. I presume that means the HD is stuffed? CD drive is still working.

Can a replacement drive be found to fit it, anyone know where I might get such a thing?

The shame of this is I had rare CDs recorded onto it 83 in total (no way of doing backups) and all are now lost I assume This really does bring it home that not using physical media is a fools game imho and any who embrace are asking for sad faces in the future.

Regards D S D L

I know it has been such a long time ago, but I am looking into this as well, specifically for the 1300 model.
    The problem has been partially solved with the 1500 model (data transfer from yamaha to PC, thus ensuring the ability to save the data in original form, bit by bit, and protect from the loss in that way). IDE disks are getting harder to find by the day as well, and no attempt to make the SATA hard drive work with the adapter with the HD1500 or the HD1300 have succeded.

If not too much of a bother, get in touch via PM.
    I posed the question for the 1300 (someone has been tinkering with some software named "odyssey" or similar) for the HD1300 hard drive data retrieving, but has not bothered to continue.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by ersel View Post
    I know it has been such a long time ago, but I am looking into this as well, specifically for the 1300 model.
    The problem has been partially solved with the 1500 model (data transfer from yamaha to PC, thus ensuring the ability to save the data in original form, bit by bit, and protect from the loss in that way). IDE disks are getting harder to find by the day as well, and no attempt to make the SATA hard drive work with the adapter with the HD1500 or the HD1300 have succeded.

If not too much of a bother, get in touch via PM.
    I posed the question for the 1300 (someone has been tinkering with some software named "odyssey" or similar) for the HD1300 hard drive data retrieving, but has not bothered to continue.
    I replaced the drive, wasn't too hard to do, and have the original drive somewhere in the house. Maybe some day I might see if its possible to get the music off it, but to date I never did.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567