+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Drive Failure on my Yamaha HD1300

I'm Mark.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Things are looking up then
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I've just downloaded the owners manual and I'm having a looksee now.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Neil.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

I will open it up in a few minutes and have a look.

Regards D S D L

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

It looks like it is as Mark says an 80GB IDE hard drive. I'm trying to find out what file system Yamaha have used at the mo

Most recorders can have a new HD without the need for software. I have done this many times on my poor old Digifusion HD box.

If you can post the spec the HD may only be £20.00 or so so must be worthy of ago. Worth taking the disc out and plugging it back in as well as sometimes this works.

If it does (depending on what it is) it may be readable by a PC for backing up but I am getting all excited now!

Don't give in yet.

Regards

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Just found this on the AVForum;

There is a way to make a backup ! I've found a little program with which you can exchange data through a pc. Just take the harddisk out of the CDR-HD1500 and put it in an extern usb-hdcase and make your copy to another harddisk.
    The other way around I just rip cd's through my pc to an external HD (and keep this one as master) and after that I put them all to a HD that was formatted on a CDR-HD1500.
    THe program is called 'Yamaha_CDR-HD1500_Assistant'.
    Lots of succes.
    The model number is different, but I doubt they would have changed the file system. So if this guy is correct and if the hard drive works at all, you should be able to hook it up to a PC and get the data off? If the drive has failed totally, then that's a tricky one I'll keep looking....

Source

I'm Neil.

It gets better just switched my Olive 4HD on and its not working right either Today seems to be everything fail at once day.

It reads on its screen system starting up please wait been doing that now for 30mins...... normally its up and running in a few.

Today is rapidly becoming one of those days

Regards D S D L

I'm David.

Oh dear Neil, hope it turns out ok in the end!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well if the information on the AV forums is right, then your CD's should have been written to the HDD as WAV files and the drive should be readable by a Windows PC. However, it does appear to do this you need some software called 'Yamaha Assistant', which I haven't found yet as it's a third party program

I'll keep googling

EDIT: I'm going to post this link here, so I can find it again http://bbs.headphoneclub.com/viewthread.php?tid=102485

This is for a HD1500, but I think it should work with an HD1300? So if the hard drive is working at all Neil, you should be able to recover the data. If the hard drive has failed, it's then a case of how much do you want the data and how much are you prepared to pay? Data recovery firms can take out the platters and retrieve data from the disks when the HDD controller has failed...... but it's expensive (very).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast