+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Funk Firm Technics Platter

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    There's a dealer margin in the Funk too, remember...
    About £200 give or take or 33%
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

This is really where we've been spoiled by some of the direct-sellers, who charge a fair "trade" price online (plus Glenn, who could make a "proper" living if he charged what his products are really worth). I know that some manufacturers abuse this by selling online at what would be full retail, but they're in the minority I think.

If the supplying dealer fits the magnets etc to the platter? then he's earned his margin. If the platter is suppied fully rotored and ready to fit, then it's basically in the "profitable accessory" class IMO.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

MartinT Guest

The circular magnet has to be removed from the Technics platter and fitted to the Funk. This is true for all aftermarket platters, as far as I know.

I'm Chris.

How is the FF Platter compared to the Oyaide MJ-12 with Oyaide weight?

Turntable 1: Technics SL1210M5G/ KAB PSU/ KAB Fluid Damper
    Turntable 2: Rega P3 (new) Tangospinner & dual belt/ Rega Neo
    Amplifier: Rega Elex-R
    RIAA: Rega Fono mk3 & Schiit Mani
    Speaker: Klipsch RP280f
    Cartridge: Rega Exact & Nagaoka MP-110

Mike_New Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    This is really where we've been spoiled by some of the direct-sellers, who charge a fair "trade" price online (plus Glenn, who could make a "proper" living if he charged what his products are really worth). I know that some manufacturers abuse this by selling online at what would be full retail, but they're in the minority I think.

If the supplying dealer fits the magnets etc to the platter? then he's earned his margin. If the platter is suppied fully rotored and ready to fit, then it's basically in the "profitable accessory" class IMO.

Hi David, I am afraid that along with many others you do not fully understand the technical nature of the SL1200.
    The "magnet" is a very special type and cannot be reproduced without the special moulds and magnetising jigs designed by Technics, which no doubt by now have been destroyed. The only way that a changeover of platters is possible as you sugest, is for the buyer to supply the magnet ring on a return basis after he recieves his new platter. This would not be practical commercially as there will always be people who forget to return the thing. It will just not work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516