+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Simple TDA1543 NOS dac

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Any of those will be ok, you just bend the middle pin flat to the bottom of the blue base (being careful not to snap it off) and solder to one of the outer pins anyway and slide in the pair of outer pins through the board holes where the resistor was
    Thanks Leo

Good evening

I thought I'd post a quick update...

I've ordered the Takman resistors from Hifi Collective and they should hopefully arrive tomorrow. The DACs been running on the home made 8v power supply for a couple of days and there is a clear improvement when compared to the 9v plug top adaptor. I have also changed the resistors on the power supply, and its output has increased to 11.7v in preparation for the additional parts.

I paired the Shigaclone with the DAC for the first time tonight and I'm quite impressed!

Richard

p.s Im such a thread hog...Erik!
    Last edited by Tripmaster; 21-01-2009 at 07:45.

I am now running the DAC at 8v and there's a notable improvement

I'm Nick.

I like the look of that transport. Looks like a neat project
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I like the look of that transport. Looks like a neat project
    Thanks! It was a really fun project...well its kinda ongoing. I cant really take credit for the design as I got the basic idea from Audio1st

I am planning to build another case, but I tend to faff around too much and it takes forever to get anything completed

I'm Nick.

For me, I like things to look a bit homemade (they always do anyway if I'm doing it!) - I think it's me trying to be anti-bling!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm John.

I'm still tinkering on and off with my TDA1543 dac. I've been using a solid state I/V stage and been pretty pleased with the results, but the other day I saw an interesting post on diyAudio by the very inventive ecdesigns:

Basically his idea is to use resistors for passive I/V, but to reference them to +3V with alkaline batteries. The reference pin 7 is left unconnected. The way to do it is shown here:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...08#post1813308 (See the circuit diag. at the bottom of the post).

The result in my system is to create a very noticeable increase in clarity and realism. It's a simple mod, and well worth trying I think.

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Interesting mod John, I'll have to give it a try

Ok, just gave this a go.

My Simple dac is ran from a 8v reg with 2k7 I/V resistors with a 1k5 REF resistor.
    Instead of ripping the bits out and changing I decided to knock another dac section up on vero and tap into the main I2S, if you notice in the pic first page theres a pin socket which I added originally to allow Asynchronous reclocking etc

So, for the dac we now have 5v from a discrete Swenson reg I built ages ago.
    TDA1543 REF pin left floating, I/V resistors 680R, poly 2n2 caps and 3v bias supplied from a pair of AA bats

First thing to note is that output is greatly reduced, the upside is that it sounds great seriously for what it is its very good.
    No its not as good as my Sabre or AYA but for cheap and an easy thing its not bad at all!
    Worth looking into further me thinks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast