+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Beresford TC-7520 project...

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    How does it differ from the standard Gator board Stan?
    Not finalized yet. Still evaluating different components configuration and PCB track modifications versus the standard Gator. I have been offered a small quantity of Elna Solmic bipolar caps (which I had a difficult time finding for some reason), which would give me just about enough parts to make 30 pieces with a different headphone upgrade, plus another 20 pieces without the headphone upgrade. My main problem is that the DAC itself needs the power supply filter mod that I showed in a topic that I can't find right now. I don't even know where I put the pictures. Without that mod the extra audio depth might not be so beneficial. Primarily designed for my listening pleasure of 24/96 files through optical or coax. I can't detect any worthwhile improvements on USB and 16/44.1, but that could be down to my ears or my amps/speakers. So I am going to have to interrogate the prospective buyers before deciding if they would benefit from the upgrade or not. With only 50 pieces to be had, and at a far higher cost, I don't expect a flood of inquiries .

I'm Jerry.

Looking forward to seeing how this one develops
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Great show. I wonder how it would sound with one of my experimental high-ended Gator boards I am currently experimenting with? Maybe you can try one of them out after I have had time to properly finalize and evaluate that Gator HE version.
    Yes please

I'm Imjustsurviving.

very Nice indeed Ant, did you use threaded inserts in the oak to hold on the face plate?
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Anthony.

Cheers Jon,

No threaded inserts, just these, shh, don't tell everyone though - it took me a long long time to find the exact thing I was looking for.

They're not self tappers but a 4mm bit gives more than enough bite in oak, then 6mm for the last 3/4".

Ta,
    Ant

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Hi Ant,
    Ah ha all is revealed, that answers my "what did you cover the srcews with" as well.

Good stuff i just wish i can find some time to carry out all of my proposed projects.
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Anthony.

After a year living in the loft (the DAC, not me), I'm glad to say my forgotten project still sounds sweet. Time for some tinkering.....

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Great show. I wonder how it would sound with one of my experimental high-ended Gator boards I am currently experimenting with? Maybe you can try one of them out after I have had time to properly finalize and evaluate that Gator HE version.
    Hi Stanley, is the Gator offer still there please? ( what's 9 years between friends ) Seriously though, do you have one to sell please - I've dusted off my project once again and interested in cleaning up the headphone end. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234