+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A few Changes

I'm Geoff.

Not bad shots Ben. System looks good.

Your framing of the objects is decent. Try using 'fill in' flash if the subject is backlit (lit from behind). Don't forget the 'macro' facility for close ups, the shot of the Consonance amp would have been sharper.

You're doing pretty well if it's your first serious camera though. I've been taking photos for forty years and still cock some up.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ben.

Thanks for the comments Geoff,

Its only a Panasonic TZ70 Lumix

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...c_tz70_review/

so I guess its not a "serious" serious camera but its light years ahead of anything I've ever had use of before. I just use it in auto mode for the time being but hope to progress onto the manual side of things at some point in the future........

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not bad shots Ben. System looks good.

Your framing of the objects is decent. Try using 'fill in' flash if the subject is backlit (lit from behind). Don't forget the 'macro' facility for close ups, the shot of the Consonance amp would have been sharper.

You're doing pretty well if it's your first serious camera though. I've been taking photos for forty years and still cock some up.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

The DMC-TZ70 is an excellent camera.

Bit of a coincidence. I've just bought its sister camera, the Lumix DMC-LF1, which is very similar. Bought to replace a very good Nikon P7100. I needed the EVF with dioptre adjustment for my crap eyesight and for shots in bright sunlight where a monitor screen is useless. It's also handy having a camera as good as these that actually fits in a pocket.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ben.

My Dad is an avid snapper and I took some advice from him on the camera purchase. I sent him loads of links to various cameras and he kept telling me to get the TZ70. We've just returned from a week on the Amalfi coast and we used it loads, the image quality when viewed on our 55 inch TV is stunning, really pleased with it and as you say about the LF1 its small enough to fit in a pocket which is a plus point.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Thought id post a quick pic of the Denon before it (hopefully) goes off to its new home.

[IMG][/IMG]

2m Black due this weekend.......................

I have also been in contact with Designbuildlisten who make the Wand tonearm. As mine is a fairly early classic model it came without an arm lift assembly (the Wand Plus model gets the armlift as standard). However Simon a DBL has offered to send me an armlift assemble to use on mine for a very reasonable outlay. Its being posted to me direct from new Zealand as we speak great service from DBL I have to say.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Good decks the srm's. Surprised you see so few forum users with them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good decks the srm's. Surprised you see so few forum users with them.
    Yep very happy with mine tbh Grant. I may consider a move up the range at some point but it wont be for a while.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

There's been a few changes at chez Zoidburg recently so I thought id take the opportunity of sharing a few more photos.

Sometime before xmas my lovely wife managed to knock the TT arm whilst removing its cover and this resulted in a thoroughly "effed" cart. As a stopgap I bought a DL110 but for me it seemed like a fairly big step down from the goldring and we both decided that it couldn't stay. Luckily I then managed to pick up a low hours 2m black from a very nice guy over on PFM.

I initially fitted the black myself and it sounded "OK" but was not tracking 100% correctly and it was only after Oldius popped round to check and sort my set up that things really started to sing.

So here's a few pics of it now set up and producing the goods. Those with an eye for detail may also note that the Wand now has a new arm lift assembly which means no more totally manual use thankfully, it can also be locked in position when not being used so hopefully this will avoid any further accidents!

pics to follow when photobucket stops messing me about!!
    Last edited by Zoidburg; 26-01-2016 at 10:10.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

[IMG][/IMG]

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Real nice set up Ben. Loved my SRM, and that wand really goes well with it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast