+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few Changes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Ben.

Default A few Changes

I thought that I would post a few photos of my system since I have changed things recently.

This is how its set up at present

The main changes are that I am now using a a pair of speakers I made myself, something I have been thinking of doing for ages. I cant take any real credit for them because I copied a design put forward by another member on here, Steve (activexp). They use a 100mm full range driver and a mission 160mm woofer within a bass reflex cabinet. Considering what they cost for me to make them I am really happy with how they sound (Steve sells the kit so if you fancy a simple and great sounding DIY speaker project give him a shout).

Due to a lack of tools / garage and "know how" I finished them in a vinyl wrap which im not sure looks perfect but will do for now. They were only ever intended as a cheap entry into DIY speakers for me and since they have performed really well and have been enjoyable to build I am now thinking of building another project next year.

The other area which has seen a recent change is my turntable, I recently had a new cartridge fitted - Goldgring 2500. To say I am happy with it is an understatement. It sounds slightly smoother and warmer than my old 2m blue but seems to reveal so much more detail.

I recently popped my deck back to SRM Tech as it had developed a slight problem with the motor (all fixed under warranty) and whilst there Stuart carried out their sub platter upgrade for me. I cant fault SRM Tech (STuart is very helpfull and obviously loves what he does and the products he makes) and really love this deck, I also bought the matching cover for it at the same time which I think really sets it off well.

Last edited by Zoidburg; 30-11-2011 at 17:55.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread