+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extension leads

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    The problem with some of the newer blocks is that they fit these flaming special screws which require a special tool to remove . Probably to comply with EEC regulations. Can anybody tell me where I can put my hands on one of these tools?
    Brian.

If you can't get one, try drilling them out and replacing with your own

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallrob View Post
    I can certainly recommend the Supra Lorad cable, I use and have used both types, the 1.5 and 2.5mm, I like it, it's a safe, easy to use, sound product.

I haven't much experience on the blocks unfortunately, I modded a 'generic' block I already had, took it part, removed the LED, tightened everything up ,cleaned everything with dioxit and stuck the Supra cable on.

I'm sure there are some out there with better quality high pressure contacts and stuff.

Supra do their own plugs which is nice.

Seconded. I now use Supra cables throughout my system, they are neautral and have good detail, very flexible and sensibly priced.

I'm Brian.

Thanks Mark , the silver plated block looks interesting at a very good price .
    I have tried drilling these screws out , they are quite hard steel and it is difficult to centre the drill in the head of the screw because of its shape . I have sent away to Amazon for one of their security kits and will see how I get on with that. BTW Mark how does the Supra cable compare to the TM3 connections 16-core silver cables. I currently use 2 in my system.
    Brian.
    Last edited by brian2957; 25-11-2011 at 17:32.

I'm Mark.

I had 7 of those tm3 solid silver mains cables, as well as solid silver i/c's and speaker cables Brian I prefer the sound of the Supra

I'm Brian.

Thanks Mark , The Supras must be very good , you will know how good the silver cables were. I will order a length of the Supras and compare it with the silver cables .
    Ta
    Brian.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12