+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purite Audio's' Monarch' Turntable

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Keith. Got a pic with the platter on and no record, so we can see a nice loving close-up of the mat??

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Review linked from Inspire's website.
    http://www.inspirehifi.co.uk/inspire...2%5B1%5D_2.pdf
    Paul.

I'm ILOB.

Interesting review and another interesting take on what can be done on the 1210 I like the plinth sandwich construction looks smart and nice to see they are following their own path
    Just a quick note for the reviewer there are a few manafactures still doing direct Drive TT along with Brinkmann, Grand Prix Audio and Teres but both very expensive
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Keith.

Thanks for the link Paul, I have tried a couple of mats on it, but as Rob from Inspire told me, the bare platter sounds best.
    I remember preferring the bare copper of my old TW ,anyhoo the New TT is super, just as Rafael says in the review, the speed stability I remember from my old SP10 but a much richer tone.
    Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Being more serious, Keith, it looks nice.

It would be very interesting pitching it against my modded Techy, especially with the most recent additions... Are you bringing the Monarch to Scalford?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Keith.

Marco Hi, could do,maybe privately I wouldn't want to upset anyone being a dealer and all.
    KR Keith.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Lol, sure - I understand...

Thing is, with my recent tonearm, cartridge, platter and upgraded PSU purchase, my modded Techy has cost me rather more to date than the Monarch sells for with a less 'exotic' arm and cartridge than shown in the HFW article, so even if it were to 'win', it wouldn't really mean that much!

Anyway, I'll contact you later and we'll arrange something

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Keith.

Marco Hi, it would ne interesting, we looked into making a direct drive from 'scratch' a few years back, it all became extremely difficult and expensive ,to use parts from a proven design makes an awful lot of sense.
    Just ordered another table in Zebrano, this one will have a Dynavector 507 and XV1-S .
    Keith.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Oooh, now that will be something!

I totally agree with you regarding the building of a quality D/D turntable. One major advantage the Monarch has over exisitng modded SL-1200s, if it's been done properly, and I've no reason to think it hasn't, is the 'over the top' plinth.

The 'sandwich effect' of using different materials with excellent damping qualities, where no one single material's sonic signature dominates the T/T's sonic presentation, is an approach that I've always advocated and admired.

Therefore, given the undoubted excellence of the rest of its constituent parts, I've little doubt that the Monarch will be quite special

Marco.
    Main System

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Thanks for the link. I read the review. At it's core, it's a replinthed and modded Technics. And, apparently, it's been done very well and tastefully at that.

What interests me most is the new quartz chip.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast