+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eBay - funds on hold

I'm Kevin.

Default eBay - funds on hold

Having just sold my Audio-GD DI2014 on eBay, I see that my funds are on hold until the 15th March.
    The seller has received the DI2014, and left positive feedback.

Is this normal?

Are eBay keeping the funds to make money on the interest?
    This puts me off using eBay now.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Brian.

That's not right Kevin. I sold some speakers on Sunday and the funds were in my bank account yesterday. Of course Ebay in France may be different.

Hope all is well BTW
    Last edited by brian2957; 13-02-2024 at 11:59.
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Stewart.

Sometimes it's to do with how many sales you complete with them, it's happened to me before but I was actually paid in a week. It was the last time I used eBay to sell anything

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

used to be only vwith new sellers or folk who had had issues before. i'd contact them
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmagic View Post
    Sometimes it's to do with how many sales you complete with them, it's happened to me before but I was actually paid in a week. It was the last time I used eBay to sell anything

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    I had same with sale of a pair of monoblocks - when i contacted eBay they said it was standard for goods above certain value (can’t remember how much now, possibly £200+ ?) when seller had little in the way of previous sales. I think it took a week or so to sort out.
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm malcolm.

Audiophile Tosher

I'm Kevin.

The parcel has been delivered, 5 star feedback left by the purchaser, but they are still holding the funds until the 15th March, in case there is a problem. More than 30 days, as I got the feedback last week. They are taking the mickey, and it is probably the last time I use eBay.

I have “spoken” to customer support. They say it is because I have not sold much, as I was forced to open a new account as they could not transfer my account to France, due to their stupid rules. I have pointed out that maths is not their strong point, as the date the parcel has been received, 5 star feedback left, with a 30 day delay does not equal the 15th March.

I am not impressed with their new rules.
    Kevin

I'm Mike.

Yes it's normal practice these days, doesn't happen all the time but it can do.

I'm Kevin.

I would not call it normal. They are taking the pi$$.
    How to encourage new vendors on eBay. From the date of sale, they are keeping my money for six weeks, and the vendor has already left positive feedback. A sale of €180, so hardly expensive.
    Kevin

I'm malcolm.

You have to blame it on the scammers who use new accounts or hunt down inactive ones.
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast