+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 631 to 637 of 637

Thread: Couple of bits

  1. #631
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 9,162
    I'm watching.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Do they sound different now Roy?
    Might be completely in my mind but they do sound a little muffled.

    Just stuck the covers on for a different look for a change. I've put the covers back on the A/V Q Acoustics & bedroom Tannoys as well, it probably won't be for long, I like seeing the drivers.

  2. #632
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 9,162
    I'm watching.

    Default

    Slight update, the cd racks have gone (along with the cds that have been 'archived' in crates upstairs) allowing me to have the speakers further apart.


  3. #633
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 25,038
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Might be completely in my mind but they do sound a little muffled.

    Just stuck the covers on for a different look for a change. I've put the covers back on the A/V Q Acoustics & bedroom Tannoys as well, it probably won't be for long, I like seeing the drivers.
    I have always assumed that speakers sporting covers were designed with the covers in mind. Removing the covers may well make a difference to the sound, but that was not what the designer intended.

    As far as aesthetics go - I've always preferred the look of speakers with the drive units covered - but then I'm old school.
    Barry

  4. #634
    Join Date: Nov 2010

    Location: Chorley, Lancs

    Posts: 2,520
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have always assumed that speakers sporting covers were designed with the covers in mind. Removing the covers may well make a difference to the sound, but that was not what the designer intended.

    As far as aesthetics go - I've always preferred the look of speakers with the drive units covered - but then I'm old school.
    i think you'll find most manufacturers make speakers to work without grills, but strangely in some systems they can make things sound better, my Kralks for instance didn't come with grills they were an optional extra you paid more for, personally i prefer speakers without a grill but each to their own


    As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

  5. #635
    Join Date: Nov 2018

    Location: Grimsby

    Posts: 385
    I'm David.

    Default

    Room and system look great Roy, I'm sure you must enjoy listening in there.

  6. #636
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Harold Hill, Romford, Essex

    Posts: 9,162
    I'm watching.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    Room and system look great Roy, I'm sure you must enjoy listening in there.
    Thanks David & I sure do

  7. #637
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Essex

    Posts: 25,038
    I'm openingabottleofwine.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    Room and system look great Roy, I'm sure you must enjoy listening in there.
    +1 Lovely neat and tidy set up. (Just tuck the cables near the skirting board to make it perfect. )
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •