+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of bits

I'm sorted.

Will try that Edward, thanks.

I'm sorted.

Found an 'Old Charm' unit locally. Bit tight for the Luxman but looks ok. More solid than the unit I was using & the turntable is dead level.

I'm Grant.

looking very good mate... nice carpet too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    looking very good mate... nice carpet too
    Thanks. I'm pleased with it & with the fewer components I have now it neatens things up being able to have a smaller cabinet.

I'm Martin.

Sort of matches with the Tannoys even though they are not exactly the same.

I'm going to break in and nick that Luxman
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Sort of matches with the Tannoys even though they are not exactly the same.

I'm going to break in and nick that Luxman
    I think the height of the new unit helps. I had to take the door off it which was a shame but it was that or get a smaller amp...

The Luxman really is a superb amp, I can't sing it's praises enough, a lot of dough but worth every penny I reckon.

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    I think the height of the new unit helps. I had to take the door off it which was a shame but it was that or get a smaller amp...

The Luxman really is a superb amp, I can't sing it's praises enough, a lot of dough but worth every penny I reckon.
    I had the pleasure of seeing (if not hearing ) your amp at my local HiFi shop the other day. As a child of the 80's, I'd say it's the best looking amp I've ever seen, not sure I've seen bigger VU metres in my life! You're not not wrong about it being a lot of dough
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHW View Post
    I had the pleasure of seeing (if not hearing ) your amp at my local HiFi shop the other day. As a child of the 80's, I'd say it's the best looking amp I've ever seen, not sure I've seen bigger VU metres in my life! You're not not wrong about it being a lot of dough
    Traded a lot of gear in for it (I'd been experimenting with valves v solid state for power & preamps) so it wasn't as painful as it might have been but I still had to find the thick end of 4 grand!

I'm Darren.

My local shop offers a lot on home demo, they say, they've not had one back and are actually struggling to keep up with demand! They also had the minty'est Garrard 401 I'd ever seen, not a mark on it, didn't look like it had ever been used! I was very happy with how clean my 1965 example was, until I saw that glistening lump of temptation
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenHW View Post
    My local shop offers a lot on home demo, they say, they've not had one back and are actually struggling to keep up with demand! They also had the minty'est Garrard 401 I'd ever seen, not a mark on it, didn't look like it had ever been used! I was very happy with how clean my 1965 example was, until I saw that glistening lump of temptation
    Yes, I had one on home demo from Fanthorpes, they bought me a new one when I decided I was having it & half filled their van with my traded in gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast