+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of bits

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Well after a couple of weeks with the Bluesound I haven't played a CD & only the odd record, it's that good.

I’m in the same boat Roy.

I have a Pioneer streamer running Tidal HIFI and it’s all I use now, even sold my CD player. It’s so handy and sounds great.

I use the analogue outs of the streamer for everything except classical music for which I use the DAC in my preamp via the digital out from the streamer. The Pioneer streamer is punchier so suits my blues and country stuff the McIntosh DAC has great separation which suits classical, best of both worlds. Funny thing is they are both ESS Sabre DACs as far as I know.

Might be an idea if the Chord offers a different presentation.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    I’m in the same boat Roy.

I have a Pioneer streamer running Tidal HIFI and it’s all I use now, even sold my CD player. It’s so handy and sounds great.

I use the analogue outs of the streamer for everything except classical music for which I use the DAC in my preamp via the digital out from the streamer. The Pioneer streamer is punchier so suits my blues and country stuff the McIntosh DAC has great separation which suits classical, best of both worlds. Funny thing is they are both ESS Sabre DACs as far as I know.

Might be an idea if the Chord offers a different presentation.
    The Bluesound even covers my radio listening requirements via the net so that's another box gone. Tried it via the Chord today and it definitely sounded better than the Bluesound's internal DAC but then as has been mentioned previously you'd worry if it didn't!

I'm sorted.

A (slight) tidy of the rack. Just the one (little used) CD transport now & moved the shelves to give the Luxman more breathing space.

I'm Martin.

You've got exactly the same lamp as me.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

That’s got a smart bulb in it that’s programmed to go on and off at set times (or I can control it remotely). You’re probably wondering why I didn’t just put it in the uplighter? So am I.

I'm Martin.

I like those little lamps because you can just angle them up or down to control the light level. Or aim them at different surfaces to change the colour of the light. No muss, no fuss.

The lower the light levels the better the music sounds.

Years ago friend of mine had a lovely sounding system, LP12 Sondek with Audiolab 8000A into KEF Kit speakers. But his living room light was a fluorescent strip like you used to get in kitchens. And it buzzed and whined. So you'd sit there trying to get into the music with the room lit like an operating theatre and this terrible noise coming from above. He didn't seem to mind.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Dad always favoured fluorescent lighting in all it’s retina detaching glory.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is the lamp pluged into a socket well away from the rest of the audio system? LED/'smart' bulbs can generate a lot of unwanted mains noise.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is the lamp pluged into a socket well away from the rest of the audio system? LED/'smart' bulbs can generate a lot of unwanted mains noise.
    Opposite side of the room (more by luck then judgement). Thanks Barry.

I'm Edward.

Roy, judging from your picture you seem to have a similar seat positioning and speaker height to me. I found tilting the speakers (Berkeleys in my case) backwards very slightly opened up the upper registers nicely. 2 inches did it for me. Every expense was spared in this experiment.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast