View Poll Results: Please rate this album. You will be honest, won't you?!!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 out of 10 - inexorable shite

4 25.00%
  • 1 out of 10 - not quite something I stepped in...

7 43.75%
  • 2 out of 10 - I liked the chicken noise on one of the tracks

1 6.25%
  • 3 out of 10 - well, no Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap was a bonus...

1 6.25%
  • 4 out of 10 - Better than sniffing your own poo. Just.

1 6.25%
  • 5 out of 10 - 50%. Half ok, I suppose, if you're deaf.

0 0%
  • 6 out of 10- Pretty good, actually!

1 6.25%
  • 7 out of 10 - Surprisingly superfluous!

1 6.25%
  • 8 out of 10 - An awesome slab of durge.

0 0%
  • 9 out of 10 - practically perfect pop!

0 0%
  • 10 out of 10 - Stratospherically Superb (I need a hearing test)!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 08.11.2011: Britney Spears - Blackout (2007)

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Lol - I know. Britney bloody Spears.... The boy's defo taking the wee-wee!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

MartinT Guest

Was it you who voted zero then?

Nope - I haven't even bothered to vote! Now if we were voting for the respective 'merits' of the school uniform or air hostess video, well......

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

MartinT Guest

School uniform for me...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    As mentioned earlier only premium Spotify members can here it all so based on four tracks
    I'm a Premium Spotify member and I can only play 4 tracks as well

Now then Alex I thought I was stretching peoples imagination with a new band who were a little 'off stream' compared to the Album Club choices so far, but this has surpassed it by a country mile . . . and some! I wasn't quite sure what to make of your choice to be honest, but I have given it a listen (4 tracks only) and I have to say I'm not too upset I can't hear the rest. Sorry fella, it's way beyond what I can stomach, especially as I have a serious issue with auto-tune.

Still, at the very least it's confirmation that I'm really not a bubble-gum pop sort of guy. I also played one track in the office through speakers . . . you should have seen the looks I got

Interesting choice though and look at the comment it has generated . . . as you say 'it's only a bit of fun innit' and it's saved me from ever buying a Britney Spears album
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Was it you who voted zero then?
    It was me

I'm ChrisB.

I don't suppose it would really be a surprise if I were to say that I too, really dislike this sort of music.

But.....it's not really aimed at me or the likes of me. As a product though, I reckon it does it's job pretty well. If you listen to it through a radio or a low res. file on an mp3 player, the recording quality matters not a jot & I reckon it probably sounds better that way than on a hi-fi system. If you're one of those who it's aimed at, then you'd probably like it a lot - as the sales figures appear to have proven.

So, it's probably good pop music - I don't have to like it to recognise it has a value to those who do.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 09-11-2011 at 20:14.

I get the full list of all 13 tracks (oh joy), but only 4 are highlighted... If I try and click on track 5 "Heaven on Earth", I get the following message:

This track is currently not available in the United Kingdom. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.
    I can hardly contain my excitement!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I can hardly contain my excitement!
    I think John has the whole thing Marco, he can send you it perhaps
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    So, it's probably good pop music - I don't have to like it to recognise it has a value to those who do.
    .........but I'll be scoring it according to my taste. And I'm sorry Alex, mate, but it's not gonna be pretty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast