+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Celestion DL6

I'm Nobody.

They use Monopole ribbons 45 degree mounted..

I'm Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post

It's kind of like pretending it doesn't exist, because you can't hear it
    If I can't hear it then surely it's of no consequence and may as well not exist? Shouldn't I trust my ears?
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    If I can't hear it then surely it's of no consequence and may as well not exist? Shouldn't I trust my ears?
    Hi Darren, I see you are going to take a little convincing

Just because you can't hear a waveform out of band does not mean that you won't hear it's effects in the audio band One waveform will modulate another be it a higher or lower frequency, thus an out of audio band 25Khz waveform can certainly make it's presence known on other waveforms in the treble spectrum.

If I had two decent working audio oscillators I could show you precisely what I mean on an oscilloscope. Now assuming you have some fangled supertweeter in your system & also that it was set up correctly & in phase with the tweeter, or if you like you are listening using a pair of NS1000Ms which will happily reproduce 25Khz & I fed these two signals of say 25Khz & 12.5Khz I feel sure it'd be pretty obvious to you listening to the 12.5Khz that you could hear, that there would be an audible difference if I shut off the 25Khz signal...

As it is though you'll either have to do some reading... Or take it on faith that I know what I'm saying is correct
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Thumbs up

1990-ish I bought my DL6s (series IIs) from Superfi in Nottingham for around £140. Although things moved on I held on to them in my second system until last year, when an amp died and took one of them with it. Since then MS05s and 731LEs haven't been as good all round. They were very decent utility speakers although the bass did seem to cut out completely beneath a certain frequency even when close to walls, but for the price you can't really expect perfection. I reckon the contemporary reviews that made them the weak link in the DL4/6/8 range have helped reduce their second hand price and they represent great VFM.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345