+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everybody reducing prices except audio importers ?

Default Everybody reducing prices except audio importers ?

Just received Absolute Sounds' newsletter saying " buy your American equipment now before further price increases " Ha ha.
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

When anything American now costs 25% more, why would anyone reduce thier price?? Confused...

Dave

The car dealers are reducing their prices , lowering their profit margins
    Hans

MBL 1531 -> Allnic L-4000 -> Audiolab 8000S used as power amp only -> Quad 2805. Cables: Transparent Ultra

Only for what they have in stock I believe??

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cawley View Post
    When anything American now costs 25% more, why would anyone reduce thier price?? Confused...

Dave
    It's more a case of when anything paid for in U$ costs 25% more. I have absorbed 50% of the cost of my last shipment when the U$ was $1.63 to the £. It's now $1.45 to the £, so people like me are going to have to pass that on VERY soon. Not so long ago £99.99 was my price point, now £149.99 is my price point. But my FOB costs have only gone up by 10%. The rest is all exchange losses, and the increased value of import duties & VAT.
    If the £ drops any further, we'll all be in dire straits.

Ricardo obviously needs a new Ferrari...
    Last edited by i_should_coco; 15-11-2008 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by i_should_coco View Post
    Ricardo obviously needs a new Ferarri...
    Yeah, and has its price increased in line with the Euro, I wonder ?
    Hans

Top thinking there - when turnover drops, reduce margins so you make a lower percentage of a smaller total, should hasten the entire country going bust.

Ed.

The same mentality exists in the taxi trade despite the fact that lower prices are never offset by greater turnover volume.

I teach a lot of Korean students - during the Korean IMF crisis in 1996 I had to reduce my hourly charge drastically as a gesture of good will and to keep the students, in fact - it paid off in the end.
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast