+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 'Left field' suggestions for my next tt, please ...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I don't know that one guv'nor. Being me, I think Sony were getting desperate by this time for new ideas to attract the punters. I'm sure it works beautifully though and probably sounds good if properly sited for all I know
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Well, no - I honestly don't think I suffer from OCD. I just enjoy trying different things, and the annual nett loss (expenditure) budget is set by swmbo, so all is kept happy on the Home Front.

I've been retired for over 10 years now so I have the time to play with these things.

Try as they might, this is such a radical change from their own lifestyle that some folks just can't get their heads round the concept though - so don't worry, you aren't alone!

Hmm - there's a Sony PS-X75 Biotracer on ebay for £595 (collected from S. Yorks ) ... is that worth considering? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2906207629...84.m1423.l2649

If you enjoy swapping a box or two then bloody good on you. Personally I like tinkering with stuff and experimenting now and then. Sometimes I even listen to music.
    What I can't understand is those that have large collections of different bits of kit when they only listen to one system at a time. What the fuck is that all about? Bloody wierdos.
    Mark

synsei Guest

Ahem!!!

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I'm looking forward to getting mine set up again
    Vinyl, Mark? Do tell!

I'm Lucky.

The guy selling the biotracer has done a YouTube clip as a demo - he has a charming Barnsley accent. Worth a look.
    The Man with the suit and the pace. Knee deep in the dead.

I'm Jostein.

The Origin Live Aurora has received many good reviews, and has a reasonable price for quality TT:

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/p...roducts_id=243
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Robert.

I like the X75 Biotracer it does look the business and definately a fine turntbable, I've even contemplated trying one but with hindsight I would get a bit tired of the automated operation, 'press this, press that' etc. I just want to pick an arm up and place it where ever I like to be honest, not press something for operation to commence no matter how slick and smooth -Now if a mint PS 8750 turned up ..........

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EXgDI8DeN_...90617-687.jpeg

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ch&um=1&itbs=1

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    The Origin Live Aurora has received many good reviews, and has a reasonable price for quality TT:

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/p...roducts_id=243
    Nice recomendation Jostein, Very nice indeed. Those reviews point to this turntable being superb, especially for what is not a lot of money at all for any exceptional vinyl spinner. In fact wouldn't mind trying one myself, looks really good too. Only thing is I've had direct drive for donkies years, would this pose a problem ? Secondly, is vta adjust easy on this deck ? Again - Nice deck and for that money

I'm Paul.

Hi-Fi World gave it a good review at the time but still prefer the Technodec at similar price point. Perhaps Beobloke may be able to comment.

I'm gone.

Inspired by the tomfoolery in the glass-mat / isonoe thread, I've bypassed the slightly squidgy footers on my Pioneer with wooden cup/cone supports, these atop a glass shelf, this atop aluminium cones on a granite slab, this atop a bolted metal IKEA metal rack.

Hmmm ... that may be all the upgrade I need for a while! - defo given the Pioneer a more forthright & explicit presentation, which is what I was after. A lovely 'spang' now to solo geetar etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456