+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logged off

I'm Simon.

Default logged off

While trying to type a fairly long response on one of the threads, I'm being logged off so when I press the submit button I have to log back on again.

Not too bad as it kept my post so I didn't have to type it all in again but it is a little annoying. Is this a setting somewhere ?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Griffo,

PM Rob (Filterlab) - he's our resident software expert and should know what's going on

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

BE HAPPY EVERYDAY!

I'm Rob.

Griffo, what browser are you running?
    Evolution: One man's preposterous and non-sensical hypothesis based on the death of his daughter, now sadly taught as fact. Evidence to the contrary.

I'm Rob.

In the meantime, before you click 'submit', copy the whole post so that if you have to log in again you can simply paste the post back in again.
    Evolution: One man's preposterous and non-sensical hypothesis based on the death of his daughter, now sadly taught as fact. Evidence to the contrary.

I'm Simon.

Rob, using IE from within XP.

I had copied the the post in to the paste buffer anyhow as I've had problems in other forums. It made me log in again but it actually had submitted my post so I didn't lose it. I seem to get logged off here when there is no actual activity, and it's a very short time as well < 5 mins it seems to be.

I'm Rob.

Mmm, odd one. Which version of IE - 6 or 7?

I'm Rob.

I think your browser may be picking up the Inactivity Based Cookie system even though I've deactivated it in favour of Automated Database Marking. I've increased the inactivity limit from 900 seconds to 347 days so if your browser is nabbing the data it won't log you out until just under a year. If that doesn't help then let me know your browser's current cookie settings and we can go from there.

I'm Rob.

First simple steps though are emptying your cache and deleting your cookies.

I'm Gints.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    First simple steps though are emptying your cache and deleting your cookies.
    I also have loggoff problem and this not helping. My system is Vista with IE8 and cookie settings are in the picture.
    Any other suggestions?

Gints
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Nick.

How long are you getting before you're forced to log in again, Gints?
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast