+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazes Me!

I'm Nobody.

Default Amazes Me!

Why on earth can't people be genuine instead of using forum for motives, you know a community is suppose to be a friendship thing. Last time i be generous sending freebies out thats for sure.A lot of people use forums as a passtime thoughout the day. no friends on line dudes get used to it imho.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 22-10-2011 at 12:08. Reason: spelling

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Not sure what's prompted that Andre, but please don't tar everyone with the same brush - there are a few people here I consider friends, and a select few who I've yet to meet for "real" but I would still class as friends - you're included in that select few, dude!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, a few exceptions as you say on here i feel are the exception. but you know

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Why on earth can't people be genuine instead of using forum for motives, you know a community is suppose to be a friendship thing. Last time i be gererous sending freebies out thats for sure.A lot of people use forums as a passtime thoughout the day. no friends on line dudes get used to it imho.
    Where's that come from guv'nor? I spend far too long online right now and hope with all my being that this'll be sorted late November if not sooner. I do have friends, but many of them are "HiFi based" ones, as that's where I made my life for so long. Can't help that unfortunately... I've been given a heck of a lot in recent times and am eternally grateful for it, but in my own way I do try to give as well, if not in material terms, then hopefully in some of my knowledge and experience
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Mark.

Why on earth can't people be genuine instead of using forum for motives, you know a community is suppose to be a friendship thing. Last time i be gererous sending freebies out thats for sure.A lot of people use forums as a passtime thoughout the day. no friends on line dudes get used to it imho.

I can understand where you're coming from mate, cyber space is a great place for fakers to hide and expand their egoes using false names in the hope they'll never be discovered. But I have met some decent people in real life who I wouldn't have met at all if they hadn't been online, it's not all bad dude.

I'm Rob.

I modded a PS1 for a guy in the UK who asked me through Diyaudio. I said that he could have the Poly caps I fitted for free. I just wanted him to refund the postage. Did he......errrr.........No.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Andrew.

Why on earth can't people be genuine instead of using forum for motives, you know a community is suppose to be a friendship thing. Last time i be generous sending freebies out thats for sure.A lot of people use forums as a passtime thoughout the day. no friends on line dudes get used to it imho.
    Andre,

You sent me some caps, I'm eternally greatful. You made such a difference to a pair of speakers that were about to be skipped I'd still quite happily send you a few quid for the caps you sent. Hope your day gets better, have a few of these
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Martin.

I once won several thousand dollars playing poker on a mate's account. He's never even bought me a pint...
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Andre,

You sent me some caps, I'm eternally greatful. You made such a difference to a pair of speakers that were about to be skipped I'd still quite happily send you a few quid for the caps you sent. Hope your day gets better, have a few of these
    Hi Andrew
    I wasnt refering to you, you were very grateful.. Glad to hear they worked.

+ Reply to Thread