+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Luddite award thread.

I'm Nobody.

I'm bored now John

I'm John.

Awwww, I’m sorry to hear that Andre.
    Couldn’t you find any prog only threads or how to micron polish a 1970’s capacitor?
    Still mate, it’s like I used to tell my kids, best learn to provide your own entertainment and not rely on others to do it for you.
    Tell you what mate, pop around here. I’m about to go out dancing and I’m sure I can find a partner for you if you promise to smile once in while
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

synsei Guest

I do own a Black & Decker electric screwdriver (it was a gift) but I much prefer to use my decades old Stanley pump action screwdriver for putting up shelves and crap because it is far more effective. You can judge the torque very easily, it does the job quicker and I could drop it from the top of a tower block and it would probably suffer no ill effects. Try doing that with your Bosch

Things I don't have:

Sky or Virgin ~ Total and utter waste of money in my opinion, besides I'm a huge supporter of PSB.

Tablet Computer ~ I'm willing to consider one in the future to replace my ageing netbook but I'll burn in hell before I buy an iPad.

HD flat panel TV ~ Like Marco I'm very happy with my 100mhz, 28" Sony Trinitron widescreen CRT TV with built in Freeview thanks very much. Bought it secondhand, complete with original stand, for 60 squid to replace a dead Bush TV a couple of years ago and it is like new. Picture and colour quality are excellent btw. Incidentally, I watch Sony on my laptop, the TV is for the rest of the household and the kids use it for their Wii.

NAS Device ~ Although I would if I understood how to set one up. I play all my digital files off my desktop PC through the Caiman.

PS3/XBOX 360 ~ I prefer to game on my PC

Coffee Maker ~ Why? I have hands, a kettle and a cafetiere...
    Last edited by synsei; 21-10-2011 at 00:29.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Awwww, I’m sorry to hear that Andre.
    Couldn’t you find any prog only threads or how to micron polish a 1970’s capacitor?
    Still mate, it’s like I used to tell my kids, best learn to provide your own entertainment and not rely on others to do it for you.
    Tell you what mate, pop around here. I’m about to go out dancing and I’m sure I can find a partner for you if you promise to smile once in while

I'm joe.

This is a strange thread; blokes on a computer-based forum dedicated to mucking about boxes of electronics and such, boasting about how few gadgets they have.

Anyhow, gadgets I would not be without:

Dishwasher
    Laptop
    Digital camera
    Walkman

I don't have any mobile phones, gameboys, wiis or suchlike.

I'm Martin.

I got a dishwasher 10 years ago but have never got round to plumbing it in. Does that count?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I got a dishwasher 10 years ago but have never got round to plumbing it in. Does that count?
    You sound even lazier than me; at least I had the energy to phone a plumber!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    You sound even lazier than me; at least I had the energy to phone a plumber!
    Not too lazy to wash up by hand though!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123