+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Mains Cables R Us linear PSU for SB-Touch: A+

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    The touch sounds better with a memory stick in the back than through my NAS drive too!
    Interesting - I haven't tried that yet.

I'm Russell.

I use an external USB (powered) hard drive and the Small SB Server in the Touch, I was toying with the idea of a 256GB USB or a SSD...

The performance of the SMall SB Server performance isn't great, but I don't need to have my computer on with this configuration.

p.s. What Mods Dave?
    Squeezebox Touch -> Beresford Bushmaster DAC -> Leema Pulse Amplifier -> Celestion SL6S

http://www.definedlight.com

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Turner View Post
    I use an external USB (powered) hard drive and the Small SB Server in the Touch, I was toying with the idea of a 256GB USB or a SSD...

The performance of the SMall SB Server performance isn't great, but I don't need to have my computer on with this configuration.

p.s. What Mods Dave?
    HI,
    Not having to have the pc on and nas drive whirring away has its plus points, and you can fill up an sd card, usb hard drive or memory stick with flacs and run them straight into the touch, far easier for me anyway.

Mods, there are far too many but most are the soundchecks mods, the touch will play hi-res files using it's own built in dac AFAIK, gazjam is the man so he will be able to fill you in on all the gubbins. Suffice to say with my Ultimate SB PSU connected (the fully pimped one with kimber cable, furutech fuse and iec etc) and the M-DAC the touch sees off a lot of expensive cd players I have heard.

There is even justification for not using an external DAC if you have a good linear PSU for your Touch as the built in DAC is actually pretty darn good.

I'm Russell.

I thought you meant hardware mods... I am aware of the Soundcheck one, and as mentioned previous I use the EDO mod.
    Squeezebox Touch -> Beresford Bushmaster DAC -> Leema Pulse Amplifier -> Celestion SL6S

http://www.definedlight.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415