+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too many stickies!

I'm David.

The colours of the forum can be chosen from a colour wheel in vb4
    You could make a parent template and the give it child versions with different colours (I think... I don't use it) if I'm right, it would take very little time or effort to do!

Marco, have a look here at the catergories http://www.realphotographersforum.co...-features.html

That should give you an idea of how you could organise articles etc ...

I've recategorised my content after blabbing on about how good it is here!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I hear ya, dude. I think that Nick and you need to have a chat on the phone, and perhaps we do, too

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I hate all those stupid quote bubbles next to each section of the forum, new forum posts listed on the homepage, and pish like that! It adds too much clutter.
    Hey, wow, no ... not pish at all. I like the 'new forum posts' on the Wigwam homepage - I go to a lot of threads there that I wouldn't otherwise because of those. It's good intra-forum advertising!

And, yeah, going back to the original post - there's still way too many pishy stickies on AoS! I just skim over the damn things!
    Generally speaking, it seems to me, that threads should look after themselves - if they are popular they will stay at the top, if not then no-one wants to contribute to them anyway! There will be exceptions, of course, but not as many as there currently are!
    Damn things just get in the way ... mutter mutter ...
    Last edited by jandl100; 24-10-2011 at 09:26.

I'm Anthony.

Hi guys, I've found this 'new look' discussion interesting - I know I'm a 'newbie' here but maybe I can help out somewhere along the line, a freebie for AoS of course and nothing expected in return.

I've been a Graphics guy for 15 years in 2D & 3D so if I can help in any way, just give us a shout.

Just an idea but I've had a quick play with the header AoS banner and thought I'd post it:

Ant

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Nice work Anthony. I think in the past the Marco has been encouraged to look at a "re-brand", but I think he is rather fond of the current style. I guess it is a big decision to make when people have got used to a certain scheme and style, but I'm sure it will be considered with the good grace in which it has been offered. Thank you.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Nice work Anthony. I think in the past the Marco has been encouraged to look at a "re-brand", but I think he is rather fond of the current style. I guess it is a big decision to make when people have got used to a certain scheme and style, but I'm sure it will be considered with the good grace in which it has been offered. Thank you.
    Thank you, although I hope my post didn't come across as 'sticking my nose in', the banner was just an idea, not a 'use this' kind of thing.

I like the ethos and already I can see there are lots of friendly genuine good guys here at AoS and would like to contribute to the forum in a way that I can - So if you need any graphics or anything related, I'd be more than happy to help.

Ta,
    Ant

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Ant - didn't for one minute think you were sticking your nose in - your enthusiasm and kind offer have been very much noted I'm sure!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nick.

Thanks for your concept Ant, it looks really modern and real, it doesn't look like a computer rendering at all!

When we refreshed the banner a year ago we wanted to keep a slightly retro-look, and tie the images back to gear owned by members, and pictures taken by members. It was a conscious thing. That's not to say that there might not be a more dramatic rebranding at some future point
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Ant - didn't for one minute think you were sticking your nose in - your enthusiasm and kind offer have been very much noted I'm sure!
    That's a relief, thanks Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Thanks for your concept Ant, it looks really modern and real, it doesn't look like a computer rendering at all!

When we refreshed the banner a year ago we wanted to keep a slightly retro-look, and tie the images back to gear owned by members, and pictures taken by members. It was a conscious thing. That's not to say that there might not be a more dramatic rebranding at some future point
    Thanks for your compliments on the render Nick, much appreciated. It's nice to see the member tie, makes it feel all homely

Cheers,
    Ant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234