+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm mick.

Myrkur at the Barbican ,York,part of the Jorvik Viking Festival.
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Adrian.

Hawkwind - Hawkeaster at Seaton Town Hall (they live down the road) which was a few years ago when they re-released "Warrior On the Edge of Time"

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Simon.

Default Bilge Pump

Above a pub in Hanley , Stoke on Trent on Friday night, Fantastic!!

I'm Greg.

Default Steely Dan Last Summer

Last concert was the 2018 Steely Dan Tour (well Donald Fagen & company....Walter passed away a year or so ago) at DTE Music Theater (Pine Knob to us old "gezzers"...LOL)

Great show....best back up band in the world. Donald was a little off with his vocals but he is getting on in years like the rest of us. If he comes out again they need to take the wind piano away from him that he uses once in awhile..could not get the notes right.
    Audio was excellent. Clair Brothers was doing the Audio. They are the best in the world now bar "none".
    Lighting was very good. had great seats right behind the mixing section.
    A very good night and show.

Doobie Brother's opened and they were just terrible. They need to stop touring.

I'm Gary.

Out tonight to catch this:

https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/event...williams-730pm

Glasgow Royal concert hall,
    3 hours of the Royal Scottish National Orchestra playing Film music by John Williams.

Big fan of this stuff, been enjoying it since I was a kid, never heard it played live with a full orchestra, should be...pretty good?

Bit it of a double whammy actually, this then a night showing of Avengers:Endgame.
    Get in!!
    Last edited by Gazjam; 27-04-2019 at 11:12.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm mick.

DEVIN TOWNSEND at City Varieties Music Hall ,Leeds.Traveled down last night to see the great man do an acoustic set / request/q&a session .Utterly brilliant -"a great night was had by all"
    Last edited by mik_rik; 28-04-2019 at 19:16. Reason: correction
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm barry.

Frank Zappa, at the Gateshead Sage, absolutely stunning. If you get the chance go see these shows please do, you won't be disappointed:

I'm Tony.

My son’s band “Depression, baby” had a headline gig at the Old Blue Last in Shoreditch this week. Here’s a little clip of some shreddery by Tommy Arch that’s worth a listen...

*they all working musicians for other artists.

https://youtu.be/P98QH_0ibBg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Ashley.

Parent Pending at the Fleece in Bristol (American punk)

I'm Simon.

Just back from The Bevis Frond in Manchester , fantastic, fantastic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast