+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Adam.

Tord Gustavsen Trio at the Cadogan Hall London
    Superb
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Geoff.

Mark Guiliana quartet at the Control Club in Bucharest. Fantastic venue and good jazz. Touted as one of the world's greatest jazz drummers but I didn't think so, though the bass player was excellent. Nevertheless, a great night.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Tord Gustavsen Trio at the Cadogan Hall London
    Superb
    Oh rats, how did I miss that
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm barry.

The Bootleg Beatles, fantastic show. Brass and strings section were excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.logan3...7972969056389/

I'm Tony.

Nile Rogers & Chic at The O2 last Wednesday.
    Epic dance tunes as expected
    * one of the support acts - Franc Moody is worth checking out (already had them on a playlist).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Andy.

Went to see 808 State at the Manchester Academy last night
    It was good but not brilliant - they had updated all the tunes so that even ones you knew got twisted - all done with a modern drum and bass style of drumming which for me didn't work.

Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Simon.

Default The Wave Pictures

Just back from seeing the Wave Pictures in Chester- FANTASTIC!!

I'm Russell.

I saw Blue Oyster Cult in a small venue not too far from Richmond, Virginia. I’ve been a big fan, and have most of their albums after “Don’t Fear the Reaper”. The stuff they did before I was not into, and was not up to the quality of the work they did after that time. I’m not sure if they had a lineup change? But they got a lot better with their later work.

So I had high expectations for this show! But was sorely disappointed, they explained this was the first gig they had control over the song list, before they had to promote their latest album, and play the list the recording company wanted them to play. So, now they could select their own set list! And they chose to play all their old stuff, before Don’t Fear the Reaper came out. That song, and Fire of Unknown Origin were the only two of their later songs they played. Very disappointing, to me anyway, perhaps there were others who preferred their earlier work? Apparently they did.

Russell

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

It's 7 sleeps until Ariel Posen plays at The Bulls Head in Alton, Staffordshire.
    I am really looking forward to this one - the venue is a cosy upstairs function room in a lovely little hostelry.
    The landlord has great musical taste, and if he really likes someone's music he'll invite 'em round to play.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/ariel-posen
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

He has an album on tidal
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast