+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

MartinT Guest

Default Last Gig You Went To...

Sorry guys, I made a boo boo and deleted the one Alex created

MartinT Guest

Gordon Giltrap last night at the Lights Andover was a superb, intimate, concert where he played solo and displayed all his mastery of both acoustic and electric guitars. We were in row 2 and right in front of him so we could see all his fingering very clearly. GG had an easy way with the audience, regaled us with stories of his experiences and played some utterly compelling music. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed at a concert, especially after a day's work. Most enjoyable.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Sorry guys, I made a boo boo and deleted the one Alex created

All good fun, innit!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jan.

Argh… so all my subtle taunts of Alex’s affectuation with Tina Dico has gone to the eternal bit fields!!!

Hereby back on tracks
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slate View Post
    Alex’s affectuation with Tina Dico
    Watch it - he has competition, you know

I'm Nobody.

I said i will never ever see anyone play live again, i said this in 1986, but i do it because if i don't the wife wont go see what she likes!

I'm Dan.

Right, let's get this new one started.

Last night I went to see Between The Buried And Me an incredible American prog/metal group at Birmingham Academy 3.

I've only heard a couple of their albums, so I was going in a bit blind on this one (they have done about 5 albums, a live album and I think a couple of EPs too.)

The musicianship was amazing, and although I will admit their style certainly not for everyone, I really enjoyed the show.

They are a hard band to describe, their music shifts styles, keys and time signatures very quickly, as they incorporate rock, metal, jazz, math rock, and melodic bits some of which can sound like Porcupine Tree or Muse. They are also rather heavy!

We met them all afterwards, they were happy to sign all of our stuff, all in all a great night!

I'm Nick.

I like the heavier bits, a bit like Cephalic Carnage, but the 'clean singing' bits I struggle with. Cool band to come to the UK though!

Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I said i will never ever see anyone play live again, i said this in 1986, but i do it because if i don't the wife wont go see what she likes!
    So you didn't see ELP last year at High Voltage......it was a good show fella
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I like the heavier bits, a bit like Cephalic Carnage, but the 'clean singing' bits I struggle with. Cool band to come to the UK though!
    WOW.... I've heard of them, but actually not heard them before...

That certainly blasted out the cobwebs, great stuff.... can you recommend an album?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast