Hi,

*beckons all to gather round the campfire* I have a secret tae share wi' ye's…

So, I sold my 7510 earlier today, to a nice chap called Bob. He was an interesting chap recently re-entering the hi-fi world, and he shared a tid-bit with me that may interest some of you here. First, some links:

Shanling SCD S200 on eBay

Shanling SCD S200 homepage

Bob apparently owns the following Shanling product:

Shanling CD T80

Now, he tells me that the SCD S200 listed above appears to have been re-listed a few times, changing hands a couple of times. The apparent problem is that, though (according to Bob) an excellent SACD player and CD player, it remains incapable, owing to a firmware bug, of playing SACD/CD hybrids. For this reason, it's not as highly-valued as it aught, and thus may be available for a steal.

Now, caveat emptor: I've only met Bob the once, but he seems to know a thing or two (he's registered with Pink Fish forums - perhaps one or two of you are also members?); he may also simply be trying to raise the price on his own, or an acquaintance's, listing. But on the other hand, this may be the hi-fi equivalent of a tip on a sure thing at the races—you be the judge.

*flicks his hand tersely at the assembled group* Now, awa' wi' ye's! Back tae whitever god-forsa'en dealings ye's engage in when yer nae asleep...

*Wanders into the night, a long stick over his shoulder with a small ragged bundle on its end...*