+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer DSP

MartinT Guest

Default Computer DSP

I'd like to play with computer DSP in my study - I wouldn't have DSP in my main system - to experiment with and learn from. I have a Windows 7 machine driving a Mini-T amp and Videotone Minimax II speakers. Does DSP software/drivers exist for W7 that can listen to the output with a suitable microphone and then adjust for room modes to get a flat response? What are people using to achieve this?

Default DSP Software

Download REW from http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/ (you have to join up but it's free) and you can use a microphone to get a response curve from your room.It will also generate response files to adjust to match your room. I think there are some DSP plugins for Foobar. Try HQPlayer from signalyst.com (100euro) which uses a convolution engine to modify the outgoing signal to your amp based on the files from REW. It's easy to make gross changes like bass boost but to compensate for room resonances you need a very accurate microphone. The response files need to be very small to work well with HQPlayer.
    Simples.
    KM
    Last edited by Ken Moreland; 11-09-2011 at 19:19.
    Ken Moreland.

WTFPlay , Haswell PC,PPA USB Card, Linear/Battery power , Chord Hugo TT Dac, Gamut D200i Poweramp ,All cables Nordost Heimdall, PureAudioProject Trio 10 open baffle speakers.

MartinT Guest

Thanks, Ken. I shall take a look at REW first.

+ Reply to Thread