+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Budget Phono Stage

I'm Geoff.

Here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMBRIDGE-...item2343fa3de5

You won't do better for the money. I used one alongside an EAR 834P and the little Cambridge did not sound bad at all in comparison.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Here you go:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMBRIDGE-...item2343fa3de5

You won't do better for the money. I used one alongside an EAR 834P and the little Cambridge did not sound bad at all in comparison.
    Cheers...

Sniffing about at the moment to see if I can get a phono/pre, subject to flogging some gear. Might consider croft basic with phono.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm peter.

Croft will still be selling superb phonostages at fair prices when much of the competition has disappeared. Only mm of course, but still excellent options, including a good step up. Lowest cost is not always the solution to a problem, in fact it rarely is when you are looking for high quality.

I'm Paul.

Having just bought and built the new Hagerman Cornet 3 valve phonostage (also available fully assembled for about £300), I believe that sets the new benchmark for decent quality at a fair price, so would add that to your list of possibilities. In fact, it's something of a bench-mark product competing easily with stages at twice its price point. It also proves that you don't need to spend large amounts to get some pretty stunning performance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234