+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding digital components

I'm Pete.

got lost bout page 9 or 10 so mebbe already covered at some point
    my best experiences of didgital have prob been marantz 63 signature as a cd player proper full of verve n detail
    limited dac experience to beresford caimen which sounded great at time now got hugo 2 which is good, heard against a tt for same price n picked the mk 2 version of norm hugo as far more detail even though the tt had the power n soundstage. did say at the time if they did a tt2 id be after one new chip is so detailed. so now just a matter of time before i get tt2.

I'm Alan.

Default Topping D90 DAC

I can't write this without superlatives.

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the new top of the range Topping dac. It arrived this morning and has blown me away.
    If you are thinking of spending up to £3k on a dac, don't. Spend £600 on this beauty and fritter the rest on wine and women.

The performance is frankly stunning, so far I have tried it on Coax, USB and BlueTooth and they are all superb.
    It's difficult to describe just how good this sounds, solidity, detail, clarity. Everything sound 'kin amazing.

If it wasn't for the lock-down I'd invite you all round to take a listen.

I'm Ken.

Is this the D90 your talking about Alan?

I'm Alan.

Yes sorry Ken, I put D90 in the title line, probably doesn't show on Tapatalk?

I'm Grant.

Read good things about the d90. Sure it will be a good dac. If it had a headphone amp in I may have got one.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Read good things about the d90. Sure it will be a good dac. If it had a headphone amp in I may have got one.
    That configuration would be the Topping DX7s

I'm Tony.

Now you are just starting on the D90 Alan, it really can expanded up by a significant margin though this does involve losing the stock casework.

When finished it definitely competes in the £5K territory, plus you can splice in a decent work clock then it puts a smile on your face.

Have upgraded five of these so far, and have more than happy owners.

For sensible outlay these are great products.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Alan.

Thanks Tony, I'll keep it stock for now

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I can't write this without superlatives.

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered the new top of the range Topping dac. It arrived this morning and has blown me away.
    If you are thinking of spending up to £3k on a dac, don't. Spend £600 on this beauty and fritter the rest on wine and women.

The performance is frankly stunning, so far I have tried it on Coax, USB and BlueTooth and they are all superb.
    It's difficult to describe just how good this sounds, solidity, detail, clarity. Everything sound 'kin amazing.

If it wasn't for the lock-down I'd invite you all round to take a listen.
    Topping does a £600 dac? I thought they were all £50-100??

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Topping does a £600 dac? I thought they were all £50-100??
    Even the D50s is a bit more than that. Also a stonking DAC mind.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast