+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 459 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Cartridge audition at home continues with these

André Navarra, Joseph Haydn, Luigi Boccherini, Cameraman Academia Of The Salzburg Mozarteum*,

Bernhard Paumgartner ‎– Haydn: Concerto for Cello & Orchestra in D; Boccherini: Concerto for Cello & Orchestra in B flat

Label:Nonesuch ‎– H-71071
    Format:Vinyl, 12", Album, Reissue, Stereo
    US
    Released:
    Genre:Classical

Max Bruch - J. S. Bach*, David* And Igor Oistrach ‎– Violin Concerto In G Minor / Double Violin Concerto In D Minor
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2535 176
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Classical

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

A favourite of mine.

Richard Strauss – Michel Schwalbé, Berliner Philharmoniker · Herbert von Karajan ‎– Also Sprach Zarathustra
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2530 402
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Stereo
    Released: 1974
    Style: Modern

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm gone.

this is such an amazing set of Brandenburgs.

Perfect pacing, wonderful enthusiasm and great sound - defo my top choice.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0ZWbo...QEWJMNP0VCtOog

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    this is such an amazing set of Brandenburgs.

Perfect pacing, wonderful enthusiasm and great sound - defo my top choice.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0ZWbo...QEWJMNP0VCtOog

Looks interesting - I'm a big fan of Pinnock. I'll check it out.
    Barry

I'm gone.

I'm Adrian.

I picked these up and 3 others from the series recently at a Hospiscare, I have to say at £5 each they were and absolute bargain, mint condition and the recordings thus far have been excellent, some being with Yehudi Mehenuin and some well know players and orchestras. There were at least 8 others from the series, perhaps I should go back and get the rest.

Mozart*, Alban Berg Quartet*, Musikverein Quartet* ‎– The Late String Quartets
    Label: Time Life Records ‎– STL-M03
    Series: Mozart –
    Format: 5 × Vinyl, LP, Compilation
    Released: 1979

I'm gone.

One of my favourite albums, and has been for decades.

The Pictures at an Exhibition is good, and interestingly orchestrated by Leo Funtek rather than the standard Ravel.

But the standout is the Songs and Dances of Death, sung with amazing power and passion by Martti Talvela.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1aXWq...Rx-vdEqtaYLgtg

I'm gone.

stunningly gorgeous Russian church music, ravishingly recorded by Reference Recordings

https://open.spotify.com/album/5lVOb...THmw9p8H1CIXMg

I'm Adrian.

A lovely one.

Grieg* - Peter Katin, London Philharmonic Orchestra*, John Pritchard ‎– Piano Concerto In A Minor • Peer Gynt Suite
    Label: Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFP 160
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album

I'm Adrian.

This is a beautiful recording and lovely rendition. I was most fortunate to be given this earlier in the week.

Beethoven* ‎– Violin Concerto In D Major Op.61
    Label: Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFP 139
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue

+ Reply to Thread