+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 459 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Jon.

Definitely one for organ lovers - sounding superb on my recently acquired HIFI-MAN Sundara headphones.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm gone.

I'm gone.

I'm Adrian.

Philip Glass ‎– Glassworks
    Label: CBS ‎– CBS 73640
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released: 1982
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Post-Modern, Contemporary

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Default Saturday morning sophistication.

I purchased this in a charity shop not being familiar with Mozart piano concertos and I have always liked this one tonally, good highs and lows.

If any one has personal recommendations along these lines I would appreciate them.

Mozart* - Camerata Academica Salzburg, Géza Anda ‎– Klavierkonzerte · Piano Concertos -C-Dur / In C Major / KV 503 · C-Dur / In C Major / KV 246
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 139 384
    Format: Vinyl, LP
    Released:

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I purchased this in a charity shop not being familiar with Mozart piano concertos and I have always liked this one tonally, good highs and lows.

If any one has personal recommendations along these lines I would appreciate them.

Mozart* - Camerata Academica Salzburg, Géza Anda ‎– Klavierkonzerte · Piano Concertos -C-Dur / In C Major / KV 503 · C-Dur / In C Major / KV 246
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 139 384
    Released:

I have the full set by Andra on vinyl which is very good (I have Barenboim’s set too though for me he was just going through the motions on that one) but for all Mozart - concertos, chamber music and the solo piano sonatas - my favourite has to be Ingrid Haebler. Anything you can get hold of is going to be superb. I have lots on vinyl from the Phillips Mozart Edition but the rest I have on CD.

https://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Piano-.../dp/B0000041MY

Uchida is pretty good too and lots about on vinyl but not as joyously wonderful as Haebler.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I have the full set by Andra on vinyl which is very good (I have Barenboim’s set too though for me he was just going through the motions on that one) but for all Mozart - concertos, chamber music and the solo piano sonatas - my favourite has to be Ingrid Haebler. Anything you can get hold of is going to be superb. I have lots on vinyl from the Phillips Mozart Edition but the rest I have on CD.

https://www.amazon.com/Mozart-Piano-.../dp/B0000041MY

Uchida is pretty good too and lots about on vinyl but not as joyously wonderful as Haebler.
    Thanks for that I will look out for Ingrid Haebler especially Mozart Concerto no 21, you never know I may come across a boxed set.

I'm Adrian.

I keep looking for a good version of the Brandenburg Concertos and came across this yesterday, originally recorded in 1958, it is a rather nice rendition I think, this is the re-released version in stereo .

J. S. Bach*, Boston Symphony*, Charles Munch ‎– Brandenburg Concertos Nos. 4, 5 & 6
    Label: Camden Classics Victrola ‎– CCV 5033
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Stereo, Reissue
    Released: ?
    Style: Baroque

I'm gone.

Probably my favourite set of Brandenburgs ...

https://open.spotify.com/album/4q64H...TDCaqTQ0FNc7lg

I'm Adrian.

I got this one yesterday along with the previous record I played(Bach), from 2nd hand shop in Beer, and it is a cracker, Mint and the recording is superb, lovely dynamics and beautifully played. Very uplifting bit of Mozart. If you come across a good copy of this and like Mozart then buy it.

W.A. Mozart*, Jean-Jacques Kantorow, Bournemouth Sinfonietta, Theodor Guschlbauer ‎– Deux Concertos Pour Violon
    Label:Erato ‎– STU 70709
    Released: 1972
    Style: Classical

+ Reply to Thread