+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 459 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Grant.

Full version now available

See if it eases my stonker of a headache
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

wonderful concert

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    wonderful concert

I love stuff by Hesperion XX/Jordi Savall with Montserrat Figueras. I think they're married?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Bach repurposed the trio sonatas in all sorts of ways with the same music popping up in all sorts of places arranged for different instrumental combinations (including random 'sinfonia' movements in occasional cantatas), and performers have subsequently done the same with their own arrangements.

If you like the above you should like this - some wonderful transcriptions for viola da gamba:

https://www.allmusic.com/album/relea...a-mr0002696690
    Just looked it up, BWV 530 is an organ sonata, I guess "trio" refers to 2 manuals and the pedals? Are the arrangements you refer to Tom all of organ works?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

In strict terms a trio sonata was for two melody parts and continuo, which comprised a 'bass' instrument - most likely a viola da gamba or cello in the period ... Bach himself often took the gamba part in chamber music - plus a keyboard part that was intended as an improvised an accompaniment using figured bass (a kind of shorthand that showed what harmony was intended at key points of the bass part )- so trio sonatas are often performed by four performers. But with organ you can have two melody parts plus bass (no 'accompaniment') performed by a single person - but it's fiendishly difficult to play three actual melodies at once and indeed the trio sonatas for organ were written (as indeed quite a lot of the organ works were) for his eldest son Wilhelm Friedemann who was quite the virtuoso thanks to his dad pushing him very hard.

These basic blocks were organised in all sorts of ways for example some works that are effectively trio sonatas contain the second melody part on the harpsichord and a written out accompaniment that includes bass - where the gamba part is effectively optional and can be omitted. So you can have a trio sonata with one, two, three or even four players involved. (Perhaps all with the same basic musical content).

That CD contains all sorts of arrangements some by Bach some by others of Bach's music, all in the spirt of the sort of thing that Bach would have done with it.

I'm gone.

An interesting mix of contemporary and baroque solo violin pieces

I'm gone.

I'm really starting to get seriously into Bax's symphonies.
    Very different sound world, but somehow the sheer scale of the music, its rhythmic insistence and its cycling of soft/loud sequences reminds me of Bruckner, one of my favourite composers.

I'm gone.

This is a stunning recording

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    This is a stunning recording

Awesome recording Jerry, not just because of the unusual instrumentation either, this is a quality performance. Nice one!

I'm Grant.

Got this on too..very good music...a lute harpsichord..interesting instrument.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread