+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 459 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

Some lovely music here and wonderful playing

Max Bruch - J. S. Bach*, David* And Igor Oistrach ‎– Violin Concerto In G Minor / Double Violin Concerto In D Minor
    Label: Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2535 176
    Series: Deutsche Grammophon Privilege –
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Baroque, Romantic

Concerto For Violin And Orchestra No. 1 In G Minor, Op. 26
    Composed By – Max Bruch
    Conductor – David Oistrakh*
    A1 Prelude: Allegro Moderato
    A2 Adagio
    A3 Finale: Allegro Energico

Concerto For 2 Violins And String Orchestra In D Minor, BWV 1043
    Composed By – Johann Sebastian Bach
    Conductor – Sir Eugene Goossens
    B1 Vivace
    B2 Largo, Ma Non Tanto
    B3 Allegro
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Can't really go wrong with the Oistrakh brothers. Nice one!
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Originally written for the lyra organizzatta, two of them, a bulky violin-like instrument, played by turning a crank, it was none other than a hurdy-hurdy with added features. the one Haydn wrote for in addition to its strings had a small set of minuture organ pipes/whistles blown by bellow actuated by the crank. Flute and Oboe replace the hardy-gurdys here. It seems the only reason Haydn wrote for this instrument was his patron Ferdinand IV os Naples played one and it was for him. The write up on the record sleeve about the instrument is quite interesting.

It rather good music whatever it was originally written for.

Joseph Haydn, Collegium Musicum of Paris* ‎– Two Concerti For Flute, Oboe And Orchestra
    Label: Nonesuch ‎– H-71067
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Stereo
    Released: 1965

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Adrian.

Oh, look what arrived today, it was recommended to me, very lucky NM find at a sensible price from Canada. Particularly enjoying this rendition and an excellent recording.Barry, thanks for the recommendation Barry

Antonio Vivaldi, Nils-Erik Sparf, The Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble* ‎– The Four Seasons
    Label:
    BIS ‎– LP-275, BIS ‎– BIS-LP-275
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, DMM
    Sweden
    Released:
    Jan 1985

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Oh, look what arrived today, it was recommended to me, very lucky NM find at a sensible price from Canada. Particularly enjoying this rendition and an excellent recording.Barry, thanks for the recommendation Barry

Antonio Vivaldi, Nils-Erik Sparf, The Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble* ‎– The Four Seasons
    Label:
    BIS ‎– LP-275, BIS ‎– BIS-LP-275
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, DMM
    Sweden
    Released:
    Jan 1985

I've struggled with a lot of the Drottningholm recordings on BIS, the strings sound very thin and wiry to me.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

Would you define thin please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It might be that Lawrence doesn't like the sound of period instruments.

Good find BTW Adrian.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It might be that Lawrence doesn't like the sound of period instruments.

Good find BTW Adrian.
    Yes, I think you are right, tonally it is similar to the St Martin in the Fields version I have, but better IMO.

I'm Adrian.

Rather like this one, annoyingly has some minor surface noise even after a clean, may have to find another copy sometime

Bruckner*, Carl Schuricht, Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra* ‎– Symphony No. 3 In D Minor
    Label: Seraphim ‎– S-60090
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Stereo

I'm Adrian.

Forgot I had this one, a more fuller production, lots of feeling to it , lead violin is very good, I think quite a few would like this.

I Musici was a conductorless Italian chamber orchestra, formed in Rome in 1952, the lead Violin is Félix Ayo

Vivaldi* ‎– Les Quatre Saisons
    Label: Philips ‎– 6515 007
    Series: Collection Trésors Classiques – , Monumenta Italicae Musicae –
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Gatefold

+ Reply to Thread