+ Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 459 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm gone.

I'm Adrian.

Relaxing with a film score

Recommend this one, some beautiful passages, very evocative

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Nick.

Favourite film score, The Dark Knight a close second

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Favourite film score, The Dark Knight a close second

I will have to have a listen to both, I have recently got into film music with ET super vinyl pressing and Prometheus, both very good IMO
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm gone.

LOTR for me as the best ever film music - but then it's very closely based on classical models, which is where it's at for me, musically.

_____

Last night's listening included ....

https://open.spotify.com/album/3PZCo...S7Gkzst9dKuUVg

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    I will have to have a listen to both, I have recently got into film music with ET super vinyl pressing and Prometheus, both very good IMO
    Howard Shore (LOTR) has other works too that are worth a listen.

And Hans Zimmer's work is always good. MW2, Gladiator, Interstellar, Inception...

Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    LOTR for me as the best ever film music - but then it's very closely based on classical models, which is where it's at for me, musically.

_____

Last night's listening included ....

https://open.spotify.com/album/3PZCo...S7Gkzst9dKuUVg

It's so easy to listen to on its own, not accompanied by the movie, which I think is a good achievement for a film score (as well as obviously it's role/impact in the film). Which I think Howard absolutely nails

I'm gone.

montesquieu Guest

Arrived today .. astonishingly good - some of the most insightful, musical Bach I've heard in a long time.

Also on spotify it seems

https://open.spotify.com/album/55Xdh...Q0iFiypEMVA2Zw

I'm Grant.

Default Spinning Today (Classical version)

Some superb piano playing of JS Bach by Vikingur Olafsson

Nice pressie from bro
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread