+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 459 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Adrian.

This is a lovely Bach Violin concerto and particularly good recording

Johann Sebastian Bach, Joseph Haydn - Arthur Grumiaux, Raymond Leppard / English Chamber Orchestra ‎– Bach/Haydn Violin Concertos
    Label: Fontana ‎– 6530 004
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Reissue, Stereo
    Style: Baroque, Classical

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

A nice mix

Various ‎– The World Of Ballet
    Label: Decca ‎– SPA 55
    Series: The World Of (3) –
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Silver-On-Blue Labels
    Released: 1970
    Genre: Classical
    Style: Modern, Romantic

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm gone.

I'm gone.

noble music, an obscure but excellent symphony

https://open.spotify.com/album/2uBQ5...S4uRG97XpXPw5Q

I'm Adrian.

Puccini* ‎– Madama Butterfly
    Label: Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFP 4144471, Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFPD 41 4446 3
    Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP
    Released: 1985
    Genre: Classical, Stage & Screen
    Style: Opera, Romantic

I'm Adrian.

Brahms* - Hallé Orchestra, James Loughran ‎– Symphony No.4 In E Minor
    Label: Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFP 40084
    Format: Vinyl, LP
    Released: 1974
    Style: Romantic

and a lovely record

Dvořák* - Philharmonia Orchestra, Sawallisch* ‎– New World Symphony / Carnival Overture
    Label: Classics For Pleasure ‎– CFP 104

I'm Adrian.

A friend lent me this saying you need to listen to this. I will pass that on to those here! It is a truly stunning piece, and is a wonderful listen. Hildegard Von Bingen was considered a true visionary and prophet of her time, and she it is understood some of her visions and prophecies form the Ordo virtutum.

Hildegard von Bingen, Sequentia (2) ‎– Ordo Virtutum
    Label: deutsche harmonia mundi ‎– GD77051, BMG Classics ‎– GD77051
    Series: Editio Classica –
    Format: 2 × CD, Album, Reissue
    Released: 1990
    Style: Medieval

I'm gone.

A wonderfully relaxed and spacious Bruckner 4.
    Great sq, too.
    This may well have become my 'Go To' Bruckner 4.

Complete unknowns to me - conductor, orchestra and recording label!

I'm Adrian.

Found this in a charity shop and it is great listening, some lovely pieces and interpretations.

Branford Marsalis ‎– Romances For Saxophone
    Label: CBS Masterworks ‎– M 42122
    Released: 1986
    Genre:
    Classical Style: Romantic, Modern

I'm Adrian.

A friend recommended this to me as I had recently been listening to some medieval music and it is extremely good

Abbess Hildegard Of Bingen* - Gothic Voices (2) With Emma Kirkby Directed By Christopher Page ‎– A Feather On The Breath Of God (Sequences And Hymns By Abbess Hildegard Of Bingen)
    Label: Hyperion ‎– A66039
    Released:1982
    Style:Medieval

+ Reply to Thread