+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 404 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404 LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4038

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Jerry.

Quite possibly the most realistically recorded piano I have ever heard.

A very fine, if slow, performance of one of my favourite piano pieces as well - Bach Partita #2.

Last edited by jandl100; 20-09-2019 at 12:30.
    Jerry

i. Qobuz internet streaming > Audiobyte Black Dragon DAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables : Wyreworld Starlight USB, Epiphany Atratus III interconnect, Tellurium Q Silver speaker.
    USB signal pampering : Wired4Sound Recovery & Halide Bridge.
    Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT 250

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    ^ Who's the conductor / orchestra on that set, Adrian?
    Just for you Jerry I dug out the set notes and edited the entry above. I purchased 4 boxes from the set that were at a local Hospiscare, they were published by TIME LIFE and so far I have found all the recordings to be very good. The records are very quiet and it seems care was taken when putting the collection together.
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Voyd the Voyd (slighty modded)JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am approaching my audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Jerry.

Ah, Munchinger.
    Full bloodied and romantic, I'd imagine.
    Very nice. Thanks for that.
    Jerry

i. Qobuz internet streaming > Audiobyte Black Dragon DAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > MBL 116F speakers
    Cables : Wyreworld Starlight USB, Epiphany Atratus III interconnect, Tellurium Q Silver speaker.

ii Internet streaming > Audiolab MDAC > Marantz HD-AMP1 > Infinity Cascade 9 speakers & Jamo SUB200

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ah, Munchinger.
    Full bloodied and romantic, I'd imagine.
    Very nice. Thanks for that.
    Yes the Munchinger is very listenable.
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes

Voyd the Voyd (slighty modded)JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Sony 3d blu-Ray for CDs to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Tannoy Legacy Arden speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre, I think I am approaching my audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone

I'm Jerry.

Jerry

I'm Jerry.

Wowzer!

Jerry

I'm Jerry.

Absolutely fascinating.
    Two of the great classical musicians of the 20thC - Glenn Gould and Yehudi Menuhin - discuss Schoenberg's Fantasy for Violin and Piano for 7 or 8 minutes before going on to play it.

Jerry

I'm Jerry.

Elgar Enigma Variations a la Polska

Fabulous performance and recording.

Last edited by jandl100; 23-09-2019 at 08:43.
    Jerry

I'm Jerry.

Jerry

I'm Jerry.

Absolutely my favourite piece of music and my favourite way of hearing it, played by orchestra rather than organ. Heresy, I know.
    Has my eyes tearing up at the end climax.
    Just amazing.

Last edited by jandl100; 24-09-2019 at 08:06.
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread